eCommerce Site Reliability, Manager
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
Taco Bell is working on significantly accelerating digital growth in 2022 and beyond, and we are looking for talented individuals to help us accomplish our big goals. Our fans continue to adopt digital ordering channels (Mobile, Web, Kiosks, Delivery) as we set global digital sales records across all our regions in 2021 with$2.12 billion in digital sales and 149 million transactions.
About the Team:
The eCommerce Site Reliability Engineering team supports both - internal engineering teams and external Taco Bell restaurants and customers. You will investigate and solve complex technical problems.
The team is responsible for setting a standard of operational excellence to keep the systems up and running with the highest level of reliability and ensuring our users have the best experience possible. Our goal is to prevent downtime, reduce time to resolution and provide a closed-loop feedback mechanism to engineering teams to drive down product defects.
About the Job:
As the eCommerce Site Reliability, manager, you will influence team-level prioritization and technical direction - contribute to team roadmaps. Ensure that 'time to resolution' for incidents is within service level targets. Review data and metrics to find patterns in the root causes of issues. Represent the team on weekly status calls and liaise with engineering leads to explain highlights, and lowlights, and call out where the team needs help. Attending and partnering with engineering teams on operational excellence reviews to understand the status of fixes owned by those teams and advocate for the resources to fix issues.
- Hire, lead, instruct, support, and coach individual team members to create and maintain an innovative, friendly, inclusive, and challenging work environment.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of the eCommerce platform — from system design consulting through to launch readiness, deployment, operations, and refinement.
- Lead implementation and management of observability and monitoring tools, incident management, and SLO/SLI/SLA initiatives
- Championing a culture of using best practices in software engineering to solve problems in production operations
- Continuously drive improvements in areas like performance, automation, quality, monitoring, and reliability of platforms.
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the services the team owns, triaging and addressing production issues
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and prioritize production issues
Is This You?
We are looking for a deep technical leader who is dynamic, curious, and a “learn it all” that can collaborate across multiple engineering domains and can provide team leadership, SRE operations & application support.
The ideal candidate should be strong in getting things done, communicate well, have a great deal of energy, and enjoy working as part of a distributed remote team.
The candidate must be comfortable working across multiple teams to guide engineers to resolve customer-impacting issues and possess the ability to facilitate discussions to troubleshoot issues, remove barriers, drive root cause resolution, and follow all avenues to get customer issues resolved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with AWS, DevOps, Cloud infrastructure, or infrastructure as code (IaC) automation and 2+ years in a leadership position (e.g., manager, team lead, or architect) in an Agile setting.
- Experience in reducing TOIL, automating manual tasks, SLO/SLI Implementation and improving reliability with automation, chaos testing, and process improvement
- Adept in System Design, Event-Driven architecture, and computer science fundamentals.
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools and driving their implementation, adoption, and usage (Datadog, Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience in problem-solving, application issues, or production operations and have the tenacity to drive issues to conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and effectively function in an interrupt-driven high visibility environment
- Effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experienced in effectively mentoring team members
- Ability to innovate and be creative
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.