Data Engineer (Reliability)
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
Taco Bell is working on significantly accelerating digital growth in 2022 and beyond, and we are looking for talented individuals to help us accomplish our big goals. Our fans continue to adopt digital ordering channels (Mobile, Web, Kiosks, Delivery) as we set global digital sales records across all our regions in 2021 with$2.12 billion in digital sales and 149 million transactions.
About the Job:
As a DataOps engineer, you will be responsible for managing our Customer360 data platform and enabling Taco Bell’s mission of improving Customer Average Value. You will work with cross functional partners and third-party vendors to support our customer data assets by maintain the data pipelines to acquire, organize, and aggregate customer data from various sources for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics. This position is the subject matter expert for Taco Bell’s C360 environment. The person must be able to work at a detail level, when needed, to identify issues, risks, root causes, develop mitigation strategies and solutions, and identify and track actions to closure.
- Provide production support, including production defect resolution within reporting, ETL, 3rd party integrations, EDW, and master data for Taco Bell’s Customer360 platform
- Maintain BI reliability standards and documentation for Customer360 platform
- Ensure release packages are implemented with complete information and support the maintenance as part of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Responsible for all change control, system compliance, and system audit reviews related to Customer360 platform.
- Monitor Data Observability and ensure data integrity of the entire C360 ecosystem include data pipelines, lakehouse and redshift environment
- Enhance, Deploy and maintain data processing pipelines using cloud technology such as AWS Airflow, Redshift, and Python.
- Enhance, Deploy, and maintain serverless data pipelines using Event Bridge, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, S3, and Glue.
- Deploy and maintain Power BI, YellowFin, and AWS Quick Sight reports and dashboards.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to our customers (Data Science, Data Analytics teams).
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, statistics, engineering, math, economics, computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts and principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in supporting BI Production support processes including ETL data loads.
- 3-5 years of experience to support production operational processes based on ETL data loads tools, performance monitoring, security access, troubleshooting, operational issues/processes, and implementations.
- 3-5 years of experience managing large-scale, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in Strong coding skills with Python/Pyspark/Spark and SQL.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in ETL tools such as Informatica.
- Experience in ETL tools, AWS Tech Stack – Redshift, Glue, EMR, Redshift Spectrum, and Athena.
- Ability to run queries to troubleshoot, create reports and provide analysis. Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective solutions.
- Expert knowledge in writing complex SQL and ETL development with experience processing extremely large datasets.
- Experience developing Infrastructure as a Code by creatingCloudFormationtemplates using YAML and JSON.
- Experience integrating data from multiple data sources and file types such as JSON, Parquet, and Avro formats.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong quantitative and communication skills.
- Experience withCI/CD toolslikeGitlab and Terraform.
- Experience with data quality processes, data quality checks, validations, data quality metrics definition, and measurement.
- Experience in data quality tools such as Informatica DQ or Talend DQ tools.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.