Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
Taco Bell is working on significantly accelerating digital growth in 2022 and beyond, and we are looking for talented individuals to help us accomplish our big goals. Our fans continue to adopt digital ordering channels (Mobile, Web, Kiosks, Delivery) as we set global digital sales records across all our regions in 2021 with$2.12 billion in digital sales and 149 million transactions.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a data scientist who will leverage a combination of data modeling techniques and machine learning algorithms on Taco Bell customer data, sales, engagement, and behavior data to build data products. You will work with cross functional partners and third-party vendors to analyze our large customer data set, apply data mining techniques and build high quality prediction system for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics. This position is the subject matter expert to enhance Customer360 data insights like building automated scoring models using ML techniques, recommendation systems, A/B testing framework etc. The person must be able to work at detail level to understand customer data end to end and identifying trends and patterns.
Our ideal candidate has a breadth of analytics experience, strong technical skills, an evolving understanding of common technologies, and is capable of decomposing complex problems into addressable components or digestible analyses while maintaining a keen eye on the relevant business objective(s); their core responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Collaborate with marketing teams to understand customer needs and translate those into ML/AI-based solutions
- Build attribution models for multi touch attribution
- Build customer segmentation models for improved customer marketing e.g. RFM Model
- Build predictive models to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Analyze data in structured, semi-structured, and unstructured formats (CSV, JSON, Parquet, etc.) from a variety of storage locations (including S3, RedShift, APIs) using SQL and Python.
- Deliver custom analytic data products - analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different cross functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Train, evaluate, and tune various machine learning models to identify the best production candidates.
- Work in an agile development environment, participate in code reviews, documentation and abide by best coding practices.
Is This You?
- 2+ years of experience manipulating large data sets and building statistical models.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and experience with ML/AI technologies
- Expert in SQL and BI tools such as PowerBI
- Proficient in statistical programming languages like R, Python etc. and standard ML libraries, such as TensorFlow etc.
- Experience with AWS suite or similar like Personalize, Sage Maker, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, etc.
- Ability to monitor and maintain models for drift and recalibration.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience applying machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience working on MarTech platforms partnering with several cross functional groups.
- Self-starter with a passion for growth, a real enthusiasm for continuous learning, and sharing findings across the team.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.