Senior Designer, Taco Bell Design
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell Design Agency, or TBD, is at the heart of the brand as our award-winning in-house creative agency. Our renegade crew of artists, designers, copywriters and account managers live and breathe the Live Más ethos and are connected directly to the design, brand and marketing work that Taco Bell delivers to the world. We strive for our fans to love tacos as much as we do and engage them with the brand in new, bold and innovative ways.
Sr. Designer will be responsible for, concepting, and executing innovative materials for a wide range of projects with an emphasis all things design. Creative output should consistently satisfy partners, clients' and Agency's objectives and expectations. You’ll enjoy exposer on working with cross-functional teams to bring fully integrated, multi-channel campaigns to life. You will learn a wide array of marketing concepts, channels, and executions.
- Work collaboratively in a high-paced, creative team environment
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and application of design/brand identity principles
- Design on-brand creative across multiple touch-points including point of purchase, out-of-home, print, packaging/CPG, social media, digital (w/animation skills a +), retail apparel, artwork/murals/illustrations that thread through branded campaigns. Strong typographic skill set ranging from unique word marks, logos, iconography & manipulation of type
- Take ideas from concept to execution, working with project managers, design teams and Art Directors to deliver content on time
- Experience co-leading photoshoots along with critical decision making on post production assets with a vision on how assets will fall into place
- Manage design revisions, artwork approval and information accuracy with the account team
- Coach Designers & Associate Designers on brand tone, design guidelines, processes and agency flow along with inspiring fellow coworkers too embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- At least 5 years' relevant industry experience
- A degree in a related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence to be bold with their work
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A background of working well as part of a larger creative team, inclusive of designers, art directors, and copywriters
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
- Deep understanding of messaging and communication hierarchy
- Understanding of color theory principles and their role in visually communicating ideas and concepts
- Strategic thinking skills, with the ability to understand marketing strategies and business operations
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Understanding of the digital landscape with the ability to flex skill sets to accomidate design solutions across email, ecomm and social space
- An ability to manage your own time and workload with assistance from your project managers
- Ability to listen and understand client feedback from internal critiques
- Eye for design, staging, and props to style spaces to bring concepts and brand aesthetic to life
- Proficiency with a range of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) or other creative editing software (Premier Pro, After Effects a +)
- A positive and awesome collaborative attitude with a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.