Manager, Consumer Insights
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is seeking an inspiring and collaborative leader to serve as the Manager, Consumer Insights, reporting to the Director, Consumer Insights. The Manager will provide information that drives, inspires, and influences decision making that propels the Taco Bell business forward.
The successful candidate will have proven success in designing, executing, managing, and leveraging actionable consumer research leveraging industry-leading tools, innovative techniques, and advanced methodologies.
A key success factor will be the proven ability to help shape and deliver on a consumer-centric vision while managing outside research companies and brand tracking on an ongoing basis. The Manager will be an influential leader of people, projects, and cross functional partnerships.
The Manager will be a strong critical thinker, collaborator, and innovator who can effectively drive results in a matrixed organization, and who can deliver clarity and direction from an often ambiguous and complex consumer space. They will be comfortable with statistical data, but also someone who is on trend, pays attention to the zeitgeist and realizes that sometimes you’ve got to go with your gut.
- Assist with aligning the Consumer Insights department’s focus and efforts with the organization’s broader goals and strategies, playing an active role in strategic decision-making and thought leadership
- Support with reimagining the next iteration of the Insights function at Taco Bell
- Think and act with a broader business lens, delivering actionable consumer insights to inspire growth across the organization
- Infuse consumer centricity into every aspect of the organization
- Ensure Consumer Insights department is known and valued for subject matter expertise, insatiable curiosity, creativity and innovation, objectivity, actionable storytelling, technical excellence, business acumen, strategic mindset, thought leadership, and a passion for change
- Effectively balance Consumer Insight’s internal research and analytical capabilities with usage of external vendors and consultants, to efficiently deliver best practice and optimal business outcomes
- Present insights and recommendations to project partners, and leadership as needed
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by finding new and better ways of doing things: identify, create and employ innovative research approaches
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years progressive leadership experience in consumer insight, research, strategy, planning or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, effectively build partnerships and influence stakeholders and decision making at all levels of a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Proven advanced working knowledge of consumer research and analytical techniques, tools, software, and industry developments and their application to business challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills with the ability to turn vision into action, motivate others to achieve goals, and follow through on decisions
- Demonstrated ability to get beyond the present and understand long term trends, tell an insightful story about future consumers, and identify opportunities for growth
- Demonstrated creative and analytical thinking
- Experience at a consumer facing e-commerce brand, retailer and/or CPG brand a plus
- Experience executing customer experience and user experience research a plus
- Experience in data management and analysis – connecting the dots to get at powerful, rich insights
- Navigating through ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of working with vendors and agencies in the development of positioning and other consumer communications
- Ability to work with marketing project teams and leadership to identify business issues and provide relevant insights that make an impact to business plans
- Able to translate information across multiple sources into clear, concise, and actionable insight
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.