Omnichannel Merchandising Execution Lead
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
We aren’t just looking for a candidate. We are looking for a driven, big picture problem-solver that has a balance of strategic thinking and creativity, a passion for innovation, and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams to get results.
As part of Taco Bell’s Digital & Omnichannel Product Experience team, your contributions will make a direct impact on the business. You will drive the execution of the customer ordering experience, support national business, sales, and brand initiatives, and ensure consistent and impactful omnichannel merch execution that deliver on the vision of being a culture-centric lifestyle brand that pushes the boundaries of QSR. You will work with associates across the company and will have immediate responsibility and accountability.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable taking initiative and have an innate curiosity and hunger to excel. He or she is someone who has emerged in past jobs as a natural leader of teams and initiatives. An emphasis will be placed on strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate others and pivot as the needs of the business evolve. We need a team-oriented, organized, detailed individual that can work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The candidate needs to have strong program management skills and a proven track record of flawless creative execution. The candidate should also be comfortable with learning forward, iterating, and failing fast if necessary. A must is also the ability to be humble, recognize others, and maintain a positive, consistent attitude.
- Oversee and manage the execution and maintenance of design principles / look-and-feel across all ordering platforms. This includes, but is not limited to: print menus, kiosks, digital menu boards, Bellhops tablet menu, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Brand Marketing, Ops, Digital, FIT, legal etc.) on:
- Oversee Taco Bell’s in-house agency (TBD’s) application of principles across all updates
- Work in partnership with Omnichannel Merch Strategy Manager to develop and/or adjust principles to address business needs and new scenarios
- Support Omnichannel Merch Strategy Manager with the development of new principles outside of existing scope
- Be the primary lead for bringing 2021 menu content strategy to life – from test phase to National rollout across all menu profiles
- National Menu design updates, profile management, review, and focus on Menu Management testing (excluding LTOs/promotional and DT DMBs)
- Consult/review core menu changes proposed via Rapid Innovation Tests (RIT) / Media / Menu Management tests
- Kiosk design / customer interface (support and consult)
- Cantina / Non-standard / Limited Menu adaptations, Bellhops, etc.
- Apply and consult on Menu Design Principles for domestic use and global use / reference
- Ensure asset / product library supports all digital and print platforms
- Play a key partnership role with Brand and Ops teams for all Menu Management initiatives
- Oversee and manage the digital merch execution of calendar and brand initiatives, as driven by the Omnichannel merch planning
- Ensure proper creative and legal review, routing and QA for all digital merch assets
- Manage agency vendor for execution of all digital campaigns / merch initiatives
- Oversee and manage Core Packaging operational and sustainability execution and updates:
- Implement packaging strategy (design, messaging, etc.) across full suite
- Partner with sustainability / FIT and ensure YUM! commitments are made and signaled via packaging (ex: inclusion of sustainability symbols on packaging)
- Ensure Menu Policy is kept accurate reflecting all packaging efforts (i.e. sustainability, product removals, etc.)
- Support international packaging needs and ensure global portfolio
- Keep the Taco Bell Menu Policy up to date with changes to required core packaging (i.e. mandatory vs. optional, sustainability impacts, etc.)
- Support test markets that require packaging updates, etc.
- Marketing lead for packaging core team
- Manage agency (TBD and Tukaiz) relationships throughout creative development and production process of key responsibilities listed above, as well as changes in specs, suppliers, etc.
- Partner with external agencies to implement and execute menu and packaging updates to ensure flawless and seamless execution (Archway, Tukaiz, Stratacache)
- General Franchisee support and interface related to lead responsibilities
- Generate ideas to solve problems, drive efficiencies, and eliminate redundancies.
Is This You?
- BA and at least 5 years of experience in Marketing/Advertising or equivalent retail execution and strategy
- Proven understanding of Merchandising/Point of Purchase practices, retail execution, Ecomm/ordering platforms and overall go-to-market strategies
- A continuous improvement, solutions-oriented mindset
- Project management, execution, and cross functional experience required
- Creative thinker who drives innovation AND thinks strategically
- Ability to articulate a point of view but also know how to hold it lightly
- Ability to move projects forward in a cross functional atmosphere
- Ability to self-prioritize based on business needs and size of the prize / impact
- Self-starter who is comfortable with white space and can run with an idea to completion
- Strong leadership skills that translate to project ownership, accountability and results
- Highly organized multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail and ability to think through all details
- High emotional IQ
- Advertising Agency account experience preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.