As a member of the Yum Legal team at Yum! Brands, you will provide key legal counsel to a broad array of internal corporate, finance and business functions. Rounding out our team of top-notch legal minds, you will primarily focus on general corporate, securities and commercial matters as well as compliance policies and processes. At Yum!, collaboration is essential, and you will be someone who thrives working on teams with strong influencing skills.
- Provide legal advice with respect to general corporate, securities and commercial matters
- Negotiate transactions and contracts with key vendors and other third parties
- Assist with respect to strategic corporate transactions, including due diligence and drafting and negotiating relevant transaction documents
- Assist with corporate governance matters and legal entity management, including restructurings, formations and dissolutions
- Assist with other legal issues, including litigation, investigations, compliance and employment, as needed
- Manage outside counsel
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in any state in the U.S
- Background in corporate law with 4-6 years of experience as a practicing attorney in-house or with a law firm
- Substantive knowledge of corporate/commercial transactions, corporate governance and securities laws, with interest in regulatory compliance
- Experience reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising on complex contracts, such as services agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, nondisclosure agreements, etc.
- Excellent listening skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to self-start and drive action individually and collaboratively in a collegial environment
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficiency on cross-functional teams with demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and handle changing priorities successfully in a fast-paced environment
- High personal and professional integrity and the ability to establish personal credibility and trust across the organization
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300