Technical Business Analyst
LOCATIONS: Remote, United States
Work with our domestic and international business units, functional and technical leads, vendors and other partners within IT Shared Services to gather and transform Business and Functional requirements into Technical requirements for IT systems that support YUM Growth Drivers and YUM IT Shared Service roadmaps. Identify potential business and IT improvements, support the implementation of technical integration solutions for customer business needs, work with vendors and internal IT teams, and coordinate support efforts across teams.
- Analysis Skills Required
- Apply knowledge of technical systems, database, and development fundamentals in order to design data flows and integrations that meet the business needs.
- Work with Business Analysts and cross-functional teams through the whole project life cycle to understand business objectives, design and create Functional and Technical documentation to address the objectives, and assist Development teams in understanding requirements.
- Document formal requirements to provide to YUM IT or Brand IT Development project teams, or for a Request for Proposal (RFP) process with vendors.
- Assist in testing cycles by turning technical integration requirements into detailed test plans and/or working with testing/QA leads to develop integration test plans.
- Assist with testing integration solutions against requirements to ensure they meet system integration needs. Work with Vendors on each release cycle to ensure they adhere to our quality standards for all integrations.
- Analyze existing technical processes and associated IT solutions, and assist with developing strategies to address gaps.
- Document existing data flows and help to develop new, improved processes.
- Application Support Skills Required
- Assist in problem resolution by researching, analyzing, and recommending corrective action.
- Work with team members, vendor support teams, and other teams within YUM to ensure support coverage of applications is efficient and effective.
- Recommend support process improvements, automation of support tasks, and training opportunities to correct core issues and eliminate future incidents.
- Basic knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Agile (SCRUM)
- Basic knowledge of Integration and Application Development methodologies; documenting technical requirements a plus.
- Ability to lead discussions with technical teams and business leaders
- Ability to work collaboratively with and across various teams to achieve project goals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver based on priority
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 0-10% travel required
- Experience with YUM infrastructure and/or integration platforms
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience conducting technical discussion sessions and documenting requirements
- Experience with work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Application development background with a solid understanding of development methodologies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical Application Development, Integration, or Database field
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Engineering is required.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 53,000 restaurants in more than 155 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
- 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
- Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300