Commercial Finance Analyst
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants across the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Internationally, Taco Bell has over 800 restaurants, and plans to add 2,500 more restaurants in the next decade. The brands steady growth and strong business model have earned it the #1 position on Entrepreneur’s “Franchise 500 list” two years running and has been named “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and AdAge “Marketer of the Year.” As part of Yum, alongside our sister brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and The Habit Burger Grill – we are famous for career growth and development, as well as constantly pushing innovation and inspiration in the QSR sector.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music. In Europe the brand operates through 130 restaurants across 5 countries, including the larger market of the UK and the thriving territories of Cyprus, Romania, the Netherlands and Finland. The brand aims to open over 120 new units in 2022 alone, alongside huge digital transaction growth and a thriving marketing calendar.
About the Job:
We are looking for an action driving, enthusiastic, independent, commercial superstar to join our team in the UK to deliver insight led change as a Commercial Finance Analyst.
This role is at the heart of the business, partnering broadly across the strategic agenda. Within this role you will be working with the operations and marketing team supporting the delivery of strategic objectives, leveraging data and insight to continuously optimise performance, margin and drive our commercial ambitions. You will be a key stakeholder within the wider cross functional teams; recommending improvements and new initiatives as well as being responsible for reading the performance of in-flight initiatives and developing go-forward approvals.
The successful candidate will be a brilliant business partner, comfortable in talking to people from all areas of the business and at all levels. You will have the opportunity to gain an end-to-end understanding of the business, which
The Day-to-Day (but not limited to):
- Weekly performance review – preparation and presentation of meetings with Leadership Team. Diagnose weekly performance and provide insight-led recommendations
- Commercial reviews of our principal finance partners- developing turnaround initiatives for under-performing stores
- Post Promotional Performance review – provide insight into and lead cross functional review of promotional performances
- Provide commercial support on various test and learn initiatives, working within an agile framework
- Ad-hoc sales and margin insight
Is This You?
- BA required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering); MBA a plus
- 2+ years relevant work experience (e.g., Business Development, Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking)
- A practical self-starter, the successful candidate will be used to delivering to tight deadlines and used to partnering effectively with internal customers and external stakeholders
- Highly analytical; Advanced knowledge of Excel; Excellent oral and presentation skills; Must have clear potential to move into bigger and broader roles
- Able to build and draw upon strong business partner relationships
- Previous experience in a commercially focused environment preferable but not required
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that’s unique to you - options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to taste a lot of Taco Bell!
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.