Manager, International Strategy
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
About the Job:
This key hire will work in the International Division’s Strategy & Development team and report into in the Head of Strategy, Development & Supply Chain. It is an exciting time to join the international team as we continue to accelerate growth across key geographies and bring Taco Bell to more consumers around the world.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager are to drive our development goals and strategic decision-making—leading cross functional projects, building business cases, and conducting financial analyses.This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong problem solving skills, great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into recommendations.
Key responsibilities for this role will include, among others:
- Driving the strategic thinking of the division and supporting our near-term goal of getting to 2,500 restaurants with $2.5 billion in total international sales
- Leading critical strategic initiatives and becoming a key thought partner across multiple projects, including: business model improvement, development prioritization, digital/loyalty strategy, supply chain optimization etc.
- Running point on strategic planning initiatives and processes including:
- Annual Operating Plan (AOP) reviews
- Strategic reviews for the Yum! board of directors
- Taco Bell Executive Team
- Supporting M&A and other new business development activities, including quarterbacking deals, conducting financial analysis, and modelling of scenarios
- Creating presentations and analyses for the International Leadership Team, Yum’s Executive Leadership Team / Board of Directors, and key franchise organizations
Is This You?
- BA required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering); MBA a plus
- 5+ years relevant work experience (e.g., Management/Strategy Consulting, Strategic Planning or Business Development within a major Corporation, Top-tier Investment Banking)
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a large impact on our organization
- Comfortable with change; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated success working with cross functional teams
- Strong communications skills—up and down the organization
- Ability to succinctly interpret data for executives and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Superior analytical skills including experience with financial modeling, building and presenting compelling presentation to senior leadership
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.