Sr. Manager – Technology Deployment
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
The Sr. Manager of Technology Deployment leads in the planning and execution of technology implementations to all US restaurants.
Individual will be defining and delivering highly scalable and reliable processes to ensure all technology implementations are a success for our 7,000 restaurants.
S/he is passionate about people, technology and program management. An inspirational leader that can gain the support and efforts of team, stakeholders and partners. Have an influence that spans many dimensions as they engage to understand, solve and accomplish great results. Inspire and wear multiple hats, bringing the internal and external teams with them on the journey.
S/he will be an innovative, intellectually curious problem solver. This person does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything but, rather, should be able to quickly drive the conversation toward a productive solution by including the right actions and accountability. Having a no barriers mentality is critical.
This role works closely with stakeholders including technology leaders, functional partners, franchisees, vendors and across the Yum ecosystem to deliver programs.
- Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent and filing out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate results.
- Partner with all technical functions across the company to obtain alignment throughout the organization
- Define and implement technology implementation playbook to ensure consistent technology implementations
- Build an organization with restaurant focus, world-class quality, and effective communication with attention on decisive, fast-moving implantation
- Positively impact project outcomes through streamlined, effective and efficient methods involving, cross-functional teams, communication plans outlining deliverables, timelines and success metrics
- Leading a cross functional team to delivery results with excellence
- Manage and oversee day to day activities of team and ensure adherence to standards in project execution methodology, quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress in addition to changing the project scope, schedule and costs
- Manage nationwide hardware and software deployments to 7,000 restaurants
- Grow and develop a team of individual contributors
Is This You?
- 9+ years of experience in technology leadership positions with experience leading and managing large transformational technology programs and projects
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop direct and virtual technology team members in a collaborative environment
- Experience in building and executing a strategic initiative
- Organizational skills including distilling broad complex issues into a well-structured material; a great storyteller.
- Worked cross-functionally to define and execute technology change and implementation processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and build strategic partnerships
- BA/BS degree, Advanced degree, particularly an MBA, is preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.