Software Engineering Manager, Ecommerce
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Are you interested in working on cutting-edge Ecommerce technology that helps serve millions of customers per week in over 7000 restaurants? As a Software Engineering Manager at Taco Bell, you will have an incredible opportunity to be a hands-on leader on our fast-growing Ecommerce team. We are seeking a candidate who cares about code quality, design, and efficiency, as well as mentoring and growing other engineers. Your experienced technical background and problem-solving ability will be critical as we solve new challenges at a huge scale, all while using the latest and greatest cloud-native technology. The position reports directly to the Director of Ecommerce Software Engineering.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of talented software engineers across multiple areas of focus
- Understand and practice agile software development in a product-mode organization
- Lead delivery of major technology initiatives on clear timelines
- Work closely with product management to manage scope and deliverables
- Contribute as a technical lead and architect on a product team
- Participate in communities of practice to foster technical excellence throughout the organization
- Help lead recruiting efforts and shape the future of our software organization
Is This You?
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of managing engineers
- Experience with both front-end and back-end systems
- Ability to be hands-on with coding languages such as Node.js, Python, or Java/Kotlin
- Experience with designing highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with AWS and cloud-native architecture, specifically serverless and managed services (Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, SQS/SNS, EventBridge)
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Microservice and API design
- Experience with micro frontend and JAMstack architectures using technologies like React and Next.js
- Experience with modern CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Experience with high-volume Ecommerce systems a plus
- Must be flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.