Director, HR- Digital and Technology
The Director of Human Resources will report to the Chief People Officer, Yum! Digital & Technology and be responsible for driving the HR & talent strategy in partnership with the Digital Commerce, Decision Sciences, and Business Operations divisions. As the digital & technology organization continues to grow and drive overall business value for the company, our talent, culture & organizational effectiveness become even greater strategic imperatives. This newly created role will be responsible for leading a team of HR business partners and coordinators to design and deliver people strategies that accelerate our business growth objectives and result in unrivaled culture and talent across the organization.
• Act as a strategic thought partner and key contributor in defining & executing the next phase or our digital transformation. Partner with business leaders & HR teams across Yum! D&T and our brands to assess talent & organizational effectiveness needs and then evolve/reinforce/bring to life relevant people strategies that align to business maturity.
• Build strong cross-division relationships and partners that will help you to better understand and inform people strategies across all technology divisions at Yum!
• Lead overall talent planning process including goal setting, succession planning, high potential identification, leadership development, performance management, and employee engagement.
• Align and build a robust talent development strategy for technology talent across Yum! that ensures we are able to attract the best external talent, grow our internal tech talent, and create cross-brand development opportunities for our employees while meeting hiring, and attrition needs.
• Using a data-driven mindset and highly effective analytical skills, define & track organizational health & diversity metrics, identify talent & workforce trends, and develop systemic recommendations for action that set us up for success now & in the future.
• Work closely with key functional leads to align finance, legal, strategy workstreams to maximize organizational impact and create an atmosphere of strong collaboration and connectivity.
• Lead key organizational and operations projects as assigned such as M&A Integration, Future of Work, International expansion strategies to name a few.
• Effectively partner with other HR groups across Yum! to leverage our scale, expertise, resources, and support in an efficient, streamlined and business-relevant way.
• Be a culture champion, bringing to life our core values & inspiring trust, respect for others, and a commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging.
• Coach and mentor your HR team members by being committed to their growth and development and by elevating their ability to make a meaningful impact with their client groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field. MBA, master's level degree preferred.
• 7-10 years of professional experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years in a leadership role. Experience in growing & maturing digital or technology organizations preferred.
• Proven ability to listen, diagnose and solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions and drive change to achieve business outcomes.
• Confident working in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, growth-minded organization with the agility to build & align leaders and teams to shared objectives. Comfortable in situations in which the goals and/or processes to achieve objectives are evolving and present an opportunity to enact meaningful solutions.
• Proficient organizational and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and overlapping deadline
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to partner & influence at all levels of an organization.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating models.
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300