Sr UX Designer I
Our dynamic Yum.dev team is rapidly growing to build the next generation of restaurant technology. Our restaurant managers use our applications to manage employee schedules, inventory, and the financials of their business. With 50,000 restaurants, there is significant potential for user experience to make a huge impact. We are seeking a UX Designer who can bring fresh ideas from his or her own experience to help make our Restaurant Management system more intuitive and efficient for our managers. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, team player, critical thinker, and problem solver.
• Be able to apply creative problem solving and strategic thinking to complex design problems.
• Produce high-quality design deliverables to communicate design solutions and facilitate discussions.
• Define interactions, and visual specifications for developer handoff.
• Design and lead User testing, and usability research to deliver insights and actionable results.
• Must be a strong communicator, effectively presenting designs, UX rationale, trade-offs, and be receptive to feedback.
• Work closely with product owners and developer leads in the development of features, gathering feedback, and iterate quickly.
• Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be open to change.
• Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized, plus the ability to multi-task.
• Provide and receive mentorship from other UX members on the team.
• Portfolio of work that showcases your design process and thinking.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or have equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years of experience in User Experience and UI Design.
• Mastery of creative and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, etc).
• Familiarity with establishing, maintaining, and utilizing patterns within a design system.
• Strong understanding of industry standards, UX best practices, and design heuristics.
• Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods.
• Self-disciplined Get Stuff Done approach to work with a strong sense of ownership.
• Understanding of accessibility and the ability to apply that to designs.
• Experience in client and key stakeholder communications and presentations.
• Comfort and ability to explain and sell design decisions.
• Understands how design translates to code.
A few of our perks:
• 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
• 5 sick days
• 2 paid volunteer days
• 401k matching
• Medical, dental, vision
• Life insurance
• Half-day Fridays
• Generous parental leave
• A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300