Sr. Strategist (Collider)
Yum instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Yum requires corporate employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Collider Lab is a tight-knit group of brand strategists, data strategists and marketers that work entirely on the creation of high profile, business-changing strategies in dozens of countries around the world. We leverage the power of culture to position brands, and modern marketing science to make them grow faster. We are entirely owned by Yum! Brands—the largest restaurant company in the world, owners of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC and The Habit, so we are clearly on the brand side. At the same time, however, we are free to work on a few exciting projects and brands in other categories if they pique our interest. So we are also a little like an agency too (except an agency made up entirely of strategists with the complete freedom to choose what projects they work on around the globe, based exclusively on how interesting they sound). We also focus purposefully and intently on growing each individual’s strategic and team management skills. In the end, our goal is to make the brands we work on better businesses and better citizens of the world…and every strategist that works on them smarter, more connected to humanity, and more fulfilled. If it sounds a little like a strategist’s dream come true, it’s because it kinda is.
Collider Lab operates in high performance, highly focused teams. Each team is led by a Senior Strategist and is supported by at least one Associate Strategist and one Director of Strategy. That team will dive head-first into each project and workexclusivelyon it for anywhere from 3 weeks or up to 3 months. They will become subject matter experts and push each other to come up with the most disruptive solution possible. Naturally, the Senior Strategist is a key member of this team, as they are essentially leading the charge. They have the freedom to choose directions and create new methodologies and are expected to never stop growing. As a member of a team, however, they are not responsible with coming up with all the answers themselves. Collider is aboutthe “collision” of different perspectives and ideas, and we take this seriously. Every project is nourished with the ideas of the Collider brain trust and no one is ever left on their own.
Duties of a SeniorStrategist:
First and foremost, the Senior Strategist is charged with creating a nurturing environment that challenges everyone intellectually, leverages their individual strengthsand doesn’t burn them out. Every project will be different, but tactically, the Senior Strategist will be leading qualitative and quantitative research, working with top experts in the world of academia or business, and crafting compelling stories for our clients. We are firm believers in the latest research and literature in the world of marketing and are constantly looking for and testing new approaches and ideas.
What we look for in a Senior Strategist:
Innate curiosity, a kindness of heart and a belief that the world can be a better place are the only real non-negotiables everyone at Collider must possess. After that, every person at Collider seems to have their own special ability: some are incredibly dialedinto culture, others are data geniuses or avid readers or just crafty with their minds. Some examples of skills that have caught our eye for the Senior Strategist position:
- A backgroundin Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology or pretty much anything interesting
- 2-6 year experience at a Strategic / Trend Consultancy, Advertising Agency or Innovation company
- Case studies that show uncommon thinking
- Experience in multicultural insights, and developing effective strategies that are relevant for modern culture
- Slick writing and storytelling skills
- Being a fan, but not a total devotee of Byron Sharp, Jenni Romaniuk, Daniel Kahneman, Winnie the Pooh or anyone else with deep thoughts
Details about the Position:
- Competitive salary and benefits and excellent long-term growth potential anywhere in the world.
- Work remotely or in-person (when safe) or hybrid. Yum! and Collider are flexible on this point and have had excellent success with all models.
- In a pre (and post!) pandemic world, travel to the country you’re working on is a major plus, but never an overwhelming part of your year.
- Must be fully vaccinated subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required on start date.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 53,000 restaurants in more than 155 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
- 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
- Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300