Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who will design, test, implement, deploy, and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to cloud-based environments (development, stage/testing, production). In this role, you will help us build the foundation for our future technology platforms by setting standards around cloud-native patterns, which will inform and be the driving factor in Pizza Hut and Yum system-wide strategic cloud transformation journey.
• Write infrastructure code and test cases for that code
• Deploy and configure monitoring and logging tools used for generating alerts about the health of our systems and applications
• Help with the design, building, and automation of cloud-based infrastructure and provide guidance to development teams regarding how they can continually improve their applications cost, performance, and reliability through investigation, analysis, and best practice recommendations
• Work in a Cloud Native infrastructure environment built to host and support true microservices architecture applications
• 5+ yearsin a professional cloud computing role with Kubernetes, Docker and Infra-as-Code experience
• A BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Experience in design, implementation, and deployment of large-scale, highly available, cloud-based infrastructure utilizing AWS, GCP, Azure, or other public cloud providers
• Strong collaboration skills with multiple IT functions, business leaders, and vendors, exhibiting excellent teamwork and strong verbal and written communication skills along with expert troubleshooting and analytical skills
• In-depth knowledge of cloud-native application development paradigms and tools
• Strong know-how with the current trends of large-scale infrastructure environments with proven success in the deployment of resilient cloud-native solutions
• Thorough knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Bash, Python, Java, C#, NodeJS
• Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging strategies, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks
• Deep working knowledge of serverless and container-based technologies such as Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, and container platforms such as Rancher Labs or RedHat OpenShift.
Preferred Toolset experience:
• Container technologies - Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
• Cloud monitoring and logging – Prometheus, Elastic Stack
• Observability – Grafana, Kibana
• Infra-as-Code – Terraform, Ansible etc.
• AWS Solution Architect Professional, Linux LPIC-1, Certified Jenkins Engineer or Docker Certified Associate
• Retail experience
A few of our perks:
• 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
• 5 sick days
• 2 paid volunteer days
• 401k matching
• Medical, dental, vision
• Life insurance
• Half-day Fridays
• Generous parental leave
• A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300