Lead Data Engineer Commerce
At Yum!, we are looking for a data engineering leader to lead our dynamic and rapidly scaling team. We are searching for a curious person who thrives from being able to implement methodical solutions and dabble creatively to drive success. For maximum impact at Yum!, this data engineer must be able to partner with key stakeholders in our business to completely understand context and guide which business and technological priorities we should address using data … and how we should go about doing so.
The lead data engineer will serve as a domain expert and will develop a rapport with our internal business partners and technologists as an essential, long-term part of the team.
We are looking for a candidate who has practical experience with technologies and languages supporting big data pipelines, streaming, ETL, modelling, governance, and reporting. Our lead data engineer will lead and provide hands-on guidance to the team developing and maintaining our platform. The lead data engineer will also make technology and business recommendations, as well as develop key insights based on data analysis and our platform’s operational performance.
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
• Creating and engineering data pipelines for end-to-end delivery of raw and streamed datasets from Yum's cloud platform into data warehouses like Snowflake.
• Data modeling to facilitate efficient use of the data warehouse and high availability of operational reports and dashboards
• Dashboard and report design and creation in tools such as Domo or Tableau, based on business requirements
• Implement and manage production support processes around data lifecycle, data governance, master data management, data quality, coding utilities, storage, reporting, and other data integration points.
• Assist and work closely with business stakeholders, platform development teams, and data/research scientists by delivering data-driven solutions to leverage company data to drive business outcomes, hence driving the growth of the Yum platform and all the brands our platform supports.
• Participate and lead design sessions, demos, and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Information Systems or a related field
• 7+ years hands-on coding SQL, PLSQL, working with databases like Postgres, Mongo, Couchbase
• 7+ years of experience with tools like Domo or Tableau
• 4+ years’ experience with Kafka, Snowflake/SnowPipe
• 5+ years’ experience working on and modeling within a massively parallel processing database (MPP) such as Snowflake
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with Debezium or equivalent CDC tooling
• A collaborative attitude
We prefer experience with:
• JSON data structures
• Agile methodologies
• DevOps technologies (docker, AWS, GitLab)
• Microservice architecture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300