Franchise Development Manager - Central Region
JOB TITLE: Regional Franchise Development Manager - Central Territory
LOCATION: It is required that this person currently reside somewhere within, or near, the Central territory. This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas– The Great Plains, Midwest, and Central Sunbelt (Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas). Relocation to the area may be considered but knowledge of the markets within the territory is essential.
TRAVEL: Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline priorities.
COMPENSATION: $97,600 - $114,800 depending on skill and experience, plus bonus based on individual and team performance
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position is responsible for process ownership and execution of KFC's Franchise & Business Development strategies for the Central territory.
* Act as a single point of contact for franchise development related activity in territory. Build relationships with franchises to influence development commitment against market plans. Support ongoing development results aligned with those plans.
* Manage and support all phases of franchise development process. This includes market planning, site selection & approval, real estate contracts, permitting, construction, and turnover/grand opening on projects from inception.
* Attain planned franchise development action approvals and timely new store openings for territory. Complete accurate forecasting and risk assessment.
* Utilize project management processes to develop and maintain a pipeline of projects, track progress against milestones, and effectively communicate progress reporting and results.
* Ensure all KFC Development activity in territory covered is compliant and consistent with all related processes and policies, including KFC Development Approval Committee requirements.
* Execute against KFC US market plan and asset strategy planning processes. Develop tactics that enable and accelerate the US Growth & Development Strategy. Perform benchmarking and competitive analysis within priority DMAs for territory covered.
* Support KFC asset reviews for brand compliance and enrollment in remodel pipeline and Exhibit A process as needed for renewals, franchise to franchise transfers, etc. in territory covered.
* Support targeted Franchise Recruiting efforts to fill brand strategic needs by identifying candidates. Support assessment and qualification process for new franchisees entering the KFC system through new unit development or acquisition for territory covered. Support franchise on-boarding and follow up support processes as needed.
* Support Closure Mitigation efforts through negotiation and asset replacement initiatives in maintaining brand sustainability.
* Support KFC Development Team as needed in planning, business review, and ad hoc projects.
* Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline priorities.
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS REQUIRED
* Education/Certifications – BA/BS in real estate, finance, business or related field required. Masters in Real Estate or MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 4-5 years of market planning, real estate, development related experience with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas. This includes site selection, trade area analysis, real estate contract negotiating, construction management, facilities management, and architecture.
* Sound internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and a desire to have a large commercial impact on the organization. Being a Customer Maniac is a must.
* Advanced influencing, negotiation and sales skills.
* Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management skills. Past success driving results via creative thinking and problem solving.
* Clear and effective communication across all media (face to face, by phone, in writing) with people at various levels, whether internal or external to the organization, including Franchisees. Ability to partner well with cross functional departments.
* Ability to efficiently manage workload with shifting priorities. Can work autonomously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while generating actionable recommendations.
* Strong system/technical skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company's brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company's family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
* 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
* 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
* Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
* Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
* Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
* Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
* Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
* Discounts for life's adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
* Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
* 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
* Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
* Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
* Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Company paid life insurance
* Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
KFC restaurants across the US are commonly operated by independent business owners called Franchisees. They have a contract with KFC allowing them to sell our products and have all operating responsibility for their restaurant, including being your employer. As a result, independently-owned franchised or licensed locations may have different requirements.
Please keep in mind, this is just basic information and you’ll find out more after you apply. At KFC, what you do matters! So if you want to be part of a winning team, find out now why Life Tastes Better with KFC. Apply today!
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest you.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300