Sr. Software Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Pizza Hut is looking for a Software Engineer -full stack developer with strong hands-on development experience to work on our current and new applications.
The Software Engineers main responsibility is to design, develop and support the front-end (25%) and back-end (75%) services of our current and new applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion to code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Someone who also possess a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
The application supports all of Pizza Hut US restaurants.
- Work with Business Analyst and Business Teams and contribute towards customer experience in the tools
- Collaborate with team members during the design and development of applications.
- Contribute towards identifying how to improve the customer's experience in a phased approach
- Use data and prototypes to test concepts and theories
- Work closely with the managers and architects to analyze possible technical solutions for business needs.
- Using Agile principles; create stories to guide development and implementation of the chosen solution.
- When required develop code (Proof Of Concept) to test concepts and theories
- On board on the exisiting framework and contribute to adding new modules to the main application.
- Work with SRE team to set up the CI/CD pipelines and produce the required documentation to deploy the respective micro services in PH’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluate existing framework and come up with recommendations.
- Design and Create application database in MongoDB
- Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
- Raise potential scope/technical issues to the team
- Estimate work and be accountable for delivering on tasks and communicate that in a timely fashion.
- Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release phases.
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures
- Do the required knowledge transfer to the support team.
This role will work closely with IT and Business teams within Pizza Hut.
- Engineering Managers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Team
- Data Team
- Digital Team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
- Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Agile development methodology
- Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Experience in designing and developing scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Knowledge with application development using core Java,Spring and Spring Boot framework
- Experience with Angular 2+, Typescript is preferred
- Good working knowledge of micro services, web services, RESTful interfaces
- Good Knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JDBC, JPA)
- Good knowledge with cloud computing platforms- Amazon Web Services(Certification preferred)
- Experience with relational databases and noSQL databases, preferably with MongoDB.
- Experience with Tomcat Servers, Git, maven and Gradle.
- Experience with Agile Tools and technologies.
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and using DevOps tools.
- Experience with Shell scripting is preferred.
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Yum! has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Yum!requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300