Software Engineer in Test – Remote
Who We Are
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago and Plano, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
What We Need
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test who will be responsible for creating and implementing an automated test framework for our eCommerce platform. In this role, you will work as part of a scrum delivery team to ensure that automated tests are in place that assure functionality works as expected from the moment it is released.
- Develop automated regression tests for new & existing functionality
- Report to a QA Manager, but work day-to-day embedded in a scrum team
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities for your scrum team
- Contribute to internally built test frameworks
- Identify, record, and document defects identified within our products
- A bachelor’s in CS, CIS, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge in CS fundamentals and coding, familiar with general data structure, algorithm and pattern designs.
- Experience with software development and/or QA automation
- Strong experience developing/testing Restful APIs
- Experience in building api tests using the Mocha test framework is a plus
- Experience in building ui tests using the Playwright framework is a plus
- Good exposure to writing functional, integration, component, contract, and end-to-end tests
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and comfort with agile development process
- Requirements analysis skills and experience
A Few Of Our Perks
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300