Senior Paralegal Contracts Manager
Yum! Brands has an immediate need for a Senior IP Paralegal / Contracts Manager who has a passion for problem solving, innovation and technology. The Senior IP Paralegal is an experienced contracts professional who will coordinate with and advise individuals and teams from the Digital & Technology organization at Yum! Brands. In addition, the Senior IP Paralegal has experience in patents and will help to create a center of excellence for Intellectual Property that benefits Yum! and all its Brands and franchisees.
• Provide broad legal support for the overall Digital & Technology businesses, including Technology Procurement and E-Commerce and Data & Analytics product teams.
• Manage contract workflow and lifecycle – form contract selection, contract negotiation and execution, amendment, termination, and retention for various business functions.
• Independently negotiate with business clients for third party vendors’ services, including SOWs, license agreements, evaluation agreements and non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements.
• Review, negotiate and revise vendor master agreements. Ensure standard terms are included on vendor agreements to mitigate legal and business risks.
• Assist with RFP process for IP Software Management Software, including drafting RFP, reviewing responses and managing logistics and timeline related to same.
• Help create IP framework to support Initiatives across Yum and all the Brands such as IP Trainings, management of patent prosecution assets, Invention Disclosure Submissions and Open Source requests.
• Manage patent filings for all of Yum and the Brands; coordinate with outside counsel; collaborate with Inventors; maintain patent docket and manage Patent Office deadlines for US and foreign filings.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred with concentration in legal or analytical areas.
• 4+ years of demonstrated patent experience or related IP experience required (in-house or law firm)
• 4+ years’ experience in contract management, negotiation, or similar responsibilities
• Experience working with clients at all levels of the organization
• Knowledge of web-based applications and IT infrastructure, including familiarity with data security and privacy rules and regulations, and experience working on technology-related agreements
• Ability to work efficiently and independently, but also collaborative with colleagues across the organization, and handle conflicts, solve problems and/or propose solutions
• Detail and results oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300