Senior Manager, User Experience
LOCATIONS: Plano, Chicago
What we need:
In this role, you will lead a team of UX Designers in developing the strategy, processes, and toolsets of the UX discipline as an integrated part of the Menu Management and Point-of-Sale Lean Product Development Cycle. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them develop the skills and competencies needed to succeed in their desired career path. You will work alongside product managers, engineers, and restaurant operations leadership to understand business objectives, perform user research to generate insights, and translate business and user needs into highly engaging and impactful product experiences.
Our dynamic Digital Commerce team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. Our restaurants use our applications to receive and process billions of orders per year. At such high volumes, there is significant potential for user experience to make a positive difference in order accuracy and speed. Our ideal candidate is a team player, critical thinker, and problem solver.
• Lead a team of UX Designers in maturing the UX discipline processes and deliverables to the products within the Digital Commerce space.
• Establish trust, and a collaborative environment with the design team.
• Lead the design strategy for improving our products based on established metrics.
• Work closely with Product Owners and development teams in the development of features, functionality, and experience roadmaps
• Create innovative, inclusive experiences across all products, leveraging your passion for user-centered design.
• Coach and mentor the UX team in developing storyboards, workflows, user journeys, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
• Perform both qualitative and quantitative research when developing our products
• Ensure our products have a foundation based on inclusive design principles.
• A BS/BA/MS/MA degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field
• 7 or more years of experience in User Experience design
• Experience working with industry-standard design tools, and methods.
• lA strong bias for research-driven solutions and decision-making.
• A self-starter, with a strong sense of ownership and enthusiasm driving the UX discipline maturity forward
• A passion for leading, mentoring and coaching others.
A few of our perks:
• 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
• 5 sick days
• 2 paid volunteer days
• 401k matching
• Medical, dental, vision
• Life insurance
• Generous parental leave
• A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300