Manager, Innovation Labs
If you consider yourself at home in a lab environment surrounded by the latest technologies in automation, robotics and artificial intelligence, this is the opportunity for you. The Yum! Innovation Team is seeking a dynamic individual to play a key role in our goal to create step-change improvements for the most iconic brands in the QSR industry. Reporting to the Director of Innovation Labs this role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the RED Labs, a digital and physical space where innovators from each of our brands will test ideas and vendor solutions around emerging technologies which have disruptive potential. This individual will ensure the smooth and safe operations of the RED Labs, enabling cross-functional teams across our brands to solve exciting business challenges and evaluate cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role as part of a lean team operating with a start-up mentality, where successful candidates will take on a variety of responsibilities and help shape the future of a growing team.
- Perform daily Lab operations to include scheduling, budgeting and execution of Lab activities
- Support reconfiguration and maintenance of testing and makerspace equipment
- Partner with representatives from the Brands, technology, engineering teams and vendors to facilitate evaluation of various technologies and products by assisting in the pre-planning, setup and execution of testing
- Define lab requirements and participate in the design of new physical and digital Lab spaces
- Develop, train and enforce operational and safety procedures for lab and makerspace equipment
- Facilitate Design Thinking ideation sessions with product managers, mechanical/electrical engineers, technicians, data scientists, and software engineers to guide them in the evaluation and development of Robotics, Automation, IoT & Connected Kitchen solutions
BS inanEngineeringor Sciencedisciplinefroman accredited university
8+ years of professional experience in product development,contemporary hardware and software engineering, or industrial design
2+ years of experiencein managing laboratory and makerspace environments
Hands-onexperiencewithproductdesign,rapid prototypingand technology evaluation
Experiencein the operation and maintenance of makerspace equipment such as 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC machines, and structural framing systems (i.e. 80/20)
Experience inmaintainingcloud platforms(i.e.AWS, Azure, GCP)
Background in electrical/mechanical engineering, robotics, automationor similar
Proven track record ofproduct development and rapid prototyping experience using Design Thinking andagile development methodologies
Ability toguide lab users through the design and test process for prototyping new ideas or technologies andtroubleshoot wide-ranging problems
Prior experience managing rapid prototyping labs
Experience working with restaurant equipment (fryers, hoods, ovens, etc.)
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300