Full Stack Software Engineer
At Pizza Hut Connect we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the challenges that come with our evolving technical stack. If you are ready to work with new technologies and architecture in a forward-thinking organization, let’s meet. You will share end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack, with a stronger emphasis on backend development. Our ideal candidate has a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and backend languages – with experience producing scalable software solutions. You will be part of a cross-functional agile scrum team who participates in the design decisions and implementation for Go, GraphQL, and PHP based services that use React and Angular frontends.
- Participate in full scrum life cycle with the team
- Collaboratively design and build customer facing software products
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and new products
- Interact with product owners and business analysts to understand requirements refine technical user stories
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze the client needs for determining technical requirements
- Build effective, clean, well-tested and scalable solutions across the platform
- Troubleshoot application and system issues
- Stay current on emerging technologies
- Clearly articulate technical concepts
- Manage code reviews
- Reduce and minimize technical debt
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Understand project dependencies
- Ensure smooth integrations between cross-functional teams
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A desire to collaborate, coach, and teach while solving difficult business problems and building a world class engineering organization
- 4-5 years of professional software development
- Depth of experience with some of our current technologies (or similar): Go, Protobuf, gRPC, PHP, GraphQL, Redis, Datastore, MySQL, React, Angular, Node, Pub/Sub
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment at a fast pace with changing priorities
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, containers, cloud providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
- Computer science fundamentals with the ability to analyze and solve problems, make difficult decisions, and own problems from beginning to end
- Have relevant Computer Science/IT related qualifications
A few of our perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
Who We Are
Founded in 1958, Pizza Hut - a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. - now operates more than 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Pizza Hut is leading the way in providing customers with great experiences, innovating with technology and new products, as well as delivering exceptional service.
Our People & Culture
We're looking for people who LOVE pizza and thrive in a fun, past paced, and customer-centric environment. At our corporate campuses, Pizza Hut has created the perfect place for you to grow your career. Every day, you’ll work to support our franchisees and teams across the U.S., continuously challenging yourself to feed more possibilities. In return, we’ll provide professional development and career growth opportunities so that you can become your best and achieve your goals. And we’ll sweeten the deal by immersing you in our world-class recognition culture and providing a robust array of benefits, some highlights include:
· 4 weeks PTO, plus standard holidays and time off to volunteer
· Generous parental leave (16 weeks for moms, 6 weeks for dads)
· 401(k) with 6% match, vested immediately
· On-site daycare
· 24/7 fitness center with laundry services
· Half-day Fridays, year round
As a global company, Pizza Hut aims to make the world better by acting responsibly with respect to food, planet and people. Whether it’s donating food through the Harvest Program or supporting literacy with the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program – the company, our franchisees and our team members are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Pizza Huthas instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons.Pizza Hutrequires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Pizza Hut is an equal opportunity workplace and committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,sexual orientation, orgender identity),national origin,age,disabilityandgenetic information (including family medical history).
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.