Director, Strategic Communications, Yum! Digital & Technology
- Develop a strong digital & technology narrative and media relations strategy for Yum!, and its brands in partnership with Yum! Corporate media relations.
- Build bold, strategy impactful presentations that tell our digital story across all internal & external stakeholder groups (including Yum! and Brand level board audiences)
- Create and implement a robust employee engagement strategy for this growing global technology organization from recruiting and onboarding to keeping the broad team connected and informed.
- Mine for storytelling opportunities, then craft and share for both internal and external audiences and across channels
- Compose accurate and well-written materials including key messages, email copy, speeches, social media copy, scripts, Q&As, press releases, schedules, presentations, and fact sheets
- Proactively seek out, identify and manage media and speaking engagements including pitching to media outlets and manage execution.
- Engage, inspire, and partner with key leaders in the organization in a way that enables us to become a world class technology organization with a “one team” global mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or Public Relations
- Excellent communication skills including writing, editing, proofreading and presentation creation
- 8+ years of related experience in internal and external communications, with a focus on technology communications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and across levels within and outside of the organization
- Self directed, but knows when to seek counsel and input.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Communications project and program management.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300