Associate Manager, Internal Brand Experience
- Partner with HR team and KFC global leadership team to create annual internal communications strategy, business narrative and editorial calendar, including business and brand priorities and messaging themes to support HR, Building People Capability (BPC) and DE&I functions
- Create and implement a robust employee engagement strategy to keep the broad global team connected and informed
- Partner with and support in-market internal communications leads in their communications and employee engagement activities
Event Management (30%)
- Support execution of key strategic business meetings (virtual GM meetings, virtual market visits, Marketing Planning Meeting (MPM), DevSum, Ops Forum, etc)
- Plan and facilitate Plano RSC monthly all-hands team meetings (Team Huddles), brand town halls, roundtables, focus groups, culture events, etc.
- Lead Plano RSC internal communications, including creation and distribution of newsletters, LT videos, emails, organizational announcements, etc
- Use available channels and/or create new channels to improve employee engagement and internal brand advocacy
- Create and execute internal communications and visibility plans for KFC Global leadership team
- Mine for storytelling opportunities, then craft and share for both internal and external audiences across channels
- Work with the Yum internal communications team as needed on amplification and cross-brand opportunities
Issues/Crisis management (10%)
- Serve as the internal communications lead on the Dallas Core Crisis Team (CCT)
Education/Certifications – College degree required, preferably with a degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Years of Experience – 5-7 years of related experience in internal or external communications; corporate experience, preferably with a multinational brand, is preferred
- Strong, proven communications background with exemplary writing, editing, proofreading and presentation creation capability
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of leadership
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a bias towards action and proactive collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage large-scale events with attention to detail
- Must be able to meet deadlines while managing multiple stakeholder groups
- Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Teams, Powerpoint
- Would be a plus if experience in video production, editing, graphic design
Who is KFC?
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM.), is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who believed in doing things “the hard way,” because nothing ever got done right by cutting corners. Hard work, hospitality and integrity are still core to our brand today.
While we’re grounded in our heritage, we’re always looking forward to the future and evolving to make it easier for our customers to enjoy our chicken. Through digital innovation, our goal is to make KFC available everywhere, implementing a frictionless & friendly experience leveraging scalable technology stack and standards and accelerating rollouts via multiple channels. And we’re growing… a new KFC restaurant opens somewhere in the world every six hours.
As we grow, KFC is committed to doing so responsibly through commitments like our 2025 global plastic packaging goal and the KFC Harvest program, which to date has donated over 82 million pounds of food to our local communities around the world. Our purposes is feeding people’s potential, whether that means helping team members get through school, turn their passion for fried chicken into a career, or being a positive force in our communities. We fight inequality and believe in all people. Everyone has a seat at our table: from millionaires to truck drivers, to our more than 800,000 Team Members, to our customers around the world, KFC treats everyone like family.
Our people are what make us distinctively KFC, and we value every opportunity to celebrate the unique perspectives and backgrounds they bring to our company.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300