Associate Manager, Corporate Strategy
Yum instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Yum requires corporate employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
The Associate Manager of Corporate Strategy will help manage the company’s corporate growth strategy by defining and supporting high-impact growth initiatives for Yum! Brands globally, partnering with cross-functional leaders at Corporate and BMUs to identify and execute emerging opportunities to enable step-change growth in our business. This individual will support relevant teams with execution of these plans and provide reporting and data-driven insights for executive meetings.
- Global strategy & annual operating plans – Manage parent-level growth strategy for portfolio of brands, with responsibility for crafting and implementing the company’s long-term corporate strategy
- Industry trends, competitive intelligence & consumer insights – Develop a deep understanding of the market landscape and industry ecosystem by gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing competitive information to be shared with various internal audiences and to inform strategic decision-making
- Thought leadership – Serve as a trusted advisor and thought leader to brand and Yum-level leaders, helping to shape, evaluate, and refine strategies and key priorities
- Project management – Bring structure to abstract issues to drive to recommendations; define/frame the problem, form hypotheses and workplans, develop storyboards, and build high-impact presentations in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Corporate development due diligence – Support identification and assessment of potential inorganic growth opportunities (e.g., acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic investments) and prepare related materials for senior leadership and/or Board approval; support post-deal evaluations
- Business cases – Provide business case support on innovation projects with global and cross-brand application that optimize restaurant operations and strengthen franchise unit economics
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or comparable roles
- Bachelor’s degree required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., finance/accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics)
- Meaningful experience in consumer & retail sector, either in advisory capacity or in industry role; restaurant/hospitality experience preferred
- Aptitude for strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; ability to craft high-impact presentations
- Financial modeling experience and adept at working with large datasets
- Ability to simplify complex issues into key themes and insights
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and balance multiple competing priorities
- Intellectual curiosity and self-starter with a bias for action
- Must be fully vaccinated subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required on start date.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 53,000 restaurants in more than 155 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
- 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
- Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300