Associate Manager, Brand Protection & Social Impact
Strategic Planning (30%)
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop risk mitigation and communications strategy based on long-term issues landscape
- Work with global leadership team to develop and execute executive communications and visibility strategy
- Lead and execute KFC’s global social impact and social purpose communications and brand strategy, including distinctively KFC storytelling.
Communication & Engagement (35%)
- Track and share the impact of our social purpose and social impact initiatives
- Create engaging communications deliverables that work across markets and channels
- Develop executive presentations and reports to summarize details and results – impact and ROI – of programs
- Develop and execute an earned media strategy to support key, strategic business objectives
- Facilitate signature “Crisis College” crisis management workshop for market and franchisee teams around the world
Counseling & Guidance (35%)
- Lead day-to-day issues management, providing counsel and direction to General Managers (GMs), business units and franchisee partners
- If escalation to crisis, serve as Communications lead on KFC’s Global Crisis Core Team (CCT)
- Drive global NGO and stakeholder engagement strategy
- Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Journalism, Marketing, English or Advertising
- Years of Experience: 7-10 years
- Required Skills:
- Experience in working with the media and/or in a corporate/MNC environment a plus
- Strategic mind and ability to quickly understand and assess complex issues
- Self-motivated and strong self-starter
- Good judgment under pressure with a bias to action
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and the ability to interface directly with higher levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including writing, editing and presentation creation
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and/or priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and with a diverse group of stakeholders, internally and externally, and across geographies
- Executive presence – comfortable communicating
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Teams and Powerpoint
Who is KFC?
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM.), is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who believed in doing things “the hard way,” because nothing ever got done right by cutting corners. Hard work, hospitality and integrity are still core to our brand today.
While we’re grounded in our heritage, we’re always looking forward to the future and evolving to make it easier for our customers to enjoy our chicken. Through digital innovation, our goal is to make KFC available everywhere, implementing a frictionless & friendly experience leveraging scalable technology stack and standards and accelerating rollouts via multiple channels. And we’re growing… a new KFC restaurant opens somewhere in the world every six hours.
As we grow, KFC is committed to doing so responsibly through commitments like our 2025 global plastic packaging goal and the KFC Harvest program, which to date has donated over 82 million pounds of food to our local communities around the world. Our purposes is feeding people’s potential, whether that means helping team members get through school, turn their passion for fried chicken into a career, or being a positive force in our communities. We fight inequality and believe in all people. Everyone has a seat at our table: from millionaires to truck drivers, to our more than 800,000 Team Members, to our customers around the world, KFC treats everyone like family.
Our people are what make us distinctively KFC, and we value every opportunity to celebrate the unique perspectives and backgrounds they bring to our company.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300