Associate Manager – Assets Protection
We are looking for an Asset Protection Manager who is well-versed in both corporate safety and security. This role’s primary focus will be to serve as the lead for Executive Protection, Major Events Security, and assist with Travel Security programs worldwide. In addition, this position will play a primary role in executing safety, security, and loss prevention programs and policies for all corporate-owned locations. This role’s work will entail (re)creating and implementing a worldwide executive program inclusive of security risk avoidance, risk management, and executive duty of care management. This position will ensure that store-level reviews, safety audits and investigations are being completed, and promote the company’s safety programs, manage security related incidents and programs, and act as the company’s subject matter expert on loss prevention. This role is expected to work closely with executives and staff to drive successful executive protection programs and develop enterprise and brand-level policies, tools, and frameworks. The Associate Manager will partner with the Director of Global Assets Protection and be the core to Yum! Brand’s intelligence monitoring, intelligence briefings, and media and dark web monitoring.
- Provide strategic support to the Global Assets Protection (GAP) team in developing and implementing enterprise risk, crisis response protocols, and managing security risk assessments. Specific focus will be on high-impact security events, such as terrorism, kidnapping, political/civil unrest, violent crime, and activism.
- Provide recommendations and actions for Yum! and Brand Leadership, Operations and Security teams, and other stakeholders based on timely intelligence collection and dissemination of critical information.
- Work with functional US and BMU leaders on sharing and implementing global best practices for both equity and franchise operators in the areas of strategic risk management, loss prevention, physical security, travel security, and vendor management.
- Review data to determine stores with significant crime and safety incidents and help to reduce losses and protect employees from injury.
- Work with loss prevention team to maintain CCTV, alarms, safes, and Exception Based Reporting systems. This includes activities associated with robbery prevention and security equipment installation and use.
- Conduct investigations in cases of suspected violations of criminal statutes or policy matter as may be presented to establish the responsible party.
- Serve as a Yum! representative in liaising with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as international intelligence and law enforcement partners, including the FBI, DHS, and US Department of State.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in corporate security, corporate safety, law enforcement, government, or in the military (specifically in an executive protection role).
- Knowledge of physical security, physical security assessments, and ability to serve as lead on integration projects.
- Ability to conduct interviews, draft reports of investigations, review data or lead those conducting complex investigations.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally and lead a global executive protection and major event security program.
- Strong interview techniques, experience with theft surveys, surveillance, and other investigative methods are required.
- Excellent human relations, interview, and writing skills to deal with emotionally charged situations that may involve such traumatic issues as death or other serious injuries from crime.
- Ability to communicate very effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and all levels of team members and executives to gain alignment, provide consultation and guidance, or convey a decision.
- Ability to review a crisis and provide experienced guidance quickly and calmly.
- Experience and knowledge of creating and implementing security programs focused on preventing and mitigating high-impact risks such as terrorism, kidnapping, civil unrest, and violent crime.
- Experience in loss prevention/asset protection within the restaurant or retail industry, or food & beverage operations, is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300