Who is KFC?
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM.), is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who believed in doing things “the hard way,” because nothing ever got done right by cutting corners. Hard work, hospitality and integrity are still core to our brand today.
While we’re grounded in our heritage, we’re always looking forward to the future and evolving to make it easier for our customers to enjoy our chicken. Through digital innovation, our goal is to make KFC available everywhere, implementing a frictionless & friendly experience leveraging scalable technology stack and standards and accelerating rollouts via multiple channels. And we’re growing… a new KFC restaurant opens somewhere in the world every six hours.
As we grow, KFC is committed to doing so responsibly through commitments like our 2025 global plastic packaging goal and the KFC Harvest program, which to date has donated over 82 million pounds of food to our local communities around the world. Our purposes is feeding people’s potential, whether that means helping team members get through school, turn their passion for fried chicken into a career, or being a positive force in our communities. We fight inequality and believe in all people. Everyone has a seat at our table: from millionaires to truck drivers, to our more than 800,000 Team Members, to our customers around the world, KFC treats everyone like family.
Our people are what make us distinctively KFC, and we value every opportunity to celebrate the unique perspectives and backgrounds they bring to our company.
Job Description – Administrative Assistant
KFC Global is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant with expertise in administrative support and solutions. The key roles and responsibilities are to ensure that the department run’s efficiently and effectively by providing cross-functional administrative support in a fast-paced work environment. The Administrative Assistant exudes a professional and positive attitude with a solution-oriented mindset to foster an overall high-performing work environment for the VP and the functional team.
High-Performance Calendar Management
· Manages and serves as the gate keeper for the VP and Director’s calendar needs across multiple time zones and BMU partners, including global travel, global meetings, weekly meetings, and day to day meeting requests.
· Proactively anticipates the needs of your supervisor and takes the initiative to perform tasks with little to no supervision and provide innovative ideas and solutions when needed.
· Route or answer correspondence not requiring supervisor’s attention; analyze situations and respond accordingly.
· Organizes team meetings, events, and birthday/anniversary celebrations.
· Review and track expense reports, code and track invoices.
· Manage and review department budgets.
· Partner with the other Administrative & Executive Assistants.
· Provides support for visiting functional team members from other markets.
· Sets up new local and international vendors for cost center accounts in partnership with Accounts Payable.
· Support and assist VP and Director’s with outside boards as required
· Maintain an open line of communication between yourself and your counterparts within Yum and Business Marketing Units (BMUs)
Travel Arrangements & Visas
· Creates all travel arrangements, including global flights and lodging.
· Obtains and oversees all visa documentation for travel in partnership with the immigration team.
· Coordinates travel agendas and provides itineraries.
· Monitors and adheres to all international travel regulations when organizing travel.
· Work with travel Visa’s and Passports
· College Degree preferred
· Experience working with Global travel coordinating-
· Experience with Visa application & passport renewal
· Assist in planning of events and large meetings
· 4-5 years of Administrative Assistant Experience with extensive working knowledge of general office practices
· Global Calendaring experience- working with different timezones
· General understanding and sense of business as well as of the broader departments and how they interact with one another
· Emphasis on strong software skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to compose, type and proof a variety of letters, documents and presentations with minimal supervision
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and exudes a leadership/solution-oriented mindset
· Flexibility, high energy level, detail and results orientation, and strong follow through skills
· Highly organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks and handle changing priorities successfully in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
· High degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
· Ability to communicate effectively within all levels (both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
· Exudes a strong sense of personal Integrity and work ethic
· Ability to see the bigger picture and skills to help facilitate that vision
· Strong team player and solutions oriented
At KFC, you’ll have the opportunity to be your best self, make a difference, and have fun.
We truly believe in all people, from our goals around diversity and inclusion to our yearly Be Your Best Fest celebration. When you are part of the KFC family, we invest in your personal and professional development. Our people are what make us distinctively KFC and we value any opportunity to celebrate the unique perspectives and backgrounds they bring to our company.
· Working with 75 friendly faces at KFC Global
· On-site daycare (*Temporarily WFH due to Covid-19)
· On-site fitness center (*Temporarily WFH due to Covid-19)
· Cafeteria including a KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Starbucks (*Temporarily WFH due to Covid-19)
· Year-round half-day Fridays
· 401(k) contribution matching
· Comprehensive medical and dental care
· Four weeks of vacation plus paid holidays and volunteer time
· 18 weeks maternity leave/6 weeks family bonding time
· Adoption reimbursement
· Frequent opportunities for free chicken
· Collaborating with co-workers around the world and the potential for international travel
· Fun games meetings, team bonding exercises, functional offsites, a recognition-based culture, and more
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300