Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- Research complex technical inquiries from division/market teams as well as other functions (e.g. Tax, Treasury) for appropriate GAAP compliance and communicate responses in an understandable fashion. Requires an ability to understand a wide array of issues that face YUM to allow for meaningful, proactive advice that both is technically correct and serves the interests of the Company.
- Manage the global SOX assessment for YUM and serve as the primary liaison with external auditors for their audits.
- Participate in YUM quarterly close process, focusing on drafting 10-Q/K disclosures and performing XBRL reviews.
- Communicate accounting policies and implementation guidance with worldwide personnel including webinars and internal seminars.
- Proactively monitor potential and actual changes in GAAP and determine impact on YUM for communication to YUM senior management. Oversee updates to YUM accounting policies for changes in GAAP as well as evolving business needs.
- Bachelors in Accounting & CPA
- Experience regarding accounting issues of large publicly traded multinationals, preferably retail-based companies
- Strong familiarity with SOX internal control requirements
- Operate independently and manage competing projects and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain accounting requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to quickly dissect and understand business transactions/issues in order to apply accounting consistent with such transactions’/issues’ substance
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300