Intern, Help Desk
The position is responsible for providing first level support and troubleshooting for every KFC manager and team member that calls or chats with the KFC Restaurant Help Desk. Our support includes but is not limited to in restaurant hardware and software, reporting, HR technologies, customer payment systems, networking, and operational (how-to) issues that KFC teams face on a daily basis.
* Provide superior customer service to every end user on every call, every time
* Analyze and resolve hardware, software and operational issues within our service level agreements
* Maintain a basic understanding of KFC operational procedures
* Log all incidents into an Incident Management System with clear, concise language
* Work in an efficient/fast-paced environment to meet or exceed team and individual service targets
* Achieve an on target or above rating on quality, service, and productivity metrics
* Follow proper escalation path when necessary to resolve issues
* Work a flexible schedule that may include morning, afternoon, evening, or weekends, and holidays to meet support and staffing needs. Interns are expected to work at least 20 hours/week but no more than 30 hours/week.
* Currently enrolled in High School or College with good academic standing
* Excellent school attendance record
* Minimum 1-2 years of customer service experience
* Beginning organizational, oral/written communication, and problem solving skills
* Beginning understanding of computer concepts (PC Fundamentals/Operating Systems)
* Has collaborated with others in a team environment to resolve complex problems
* Has demonstrated a strong desire to rapidly grow knowledge, skills, and abilities with technology
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the few brands in America that can boast about having a rich, 60-year history of success and innovation. In fact, KFC is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain and a division of Yum! Brands, the world's largest restaurant company.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 45,000 restaurants in more than 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. In 2018, Yum! Brands was recognized as part of the inaugural Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. The company's restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
More important than our size is our commitment to breakthrough innovation and the success of our employees. We're proud of the unique culture we've built, one where everyone can be their best self, make a difference and have fun! We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background.
KFC restaurants across the US are commonly operated by independent business owners called Franchisees. They have a contract with KFC allowing them to sell our products and have all operating responsibility for their restaurant, including being your employer. As a result, independently-owned franchised or licensed locations may have different requirements.
Please keep in mind, this is just basic information and you’ll find out more after you apply. At KFC, what you do matters! So if you want to be part of a winning team, find out now why Life Tastes Better with KFC. Apply today!
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest you.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300