Control Analyst, Pizza Hut U.S.
Period Responsibilities (50%):
- Analyze G&A and margin activity against prior period, prior year and forecast while ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and Yum accounting policies. Collaborate with others in Control, PH U.S. Finance, and other strategic partners to highlight and resolve any significant variances.
- Lead review and preparation of related journal entries, reconciliations and analyses associated with legal/litigation accruals and reserves, severance, relocation, Hut Rewards loyalty program, RIS/Digital contract labor accruals, and other above store and store level accruals.
- Own periodic unit count and temp closure reporting and reconcile with Development
- Prepare periodic schedules for PH U.S. in HFM including income statement, balance sheet, unit reporting, etc. to ensure timely and accurate submission to YUM! External Reporting.
Quarter Responsibilities (20%):
- Prepare and analyze PH U.S. G&A schedules in HFM and related MD&A reporting package pages used by External Reporting to discuss financial results. Gather and review data, prepare reporting schedules, explain significant changes and review results with PH U.S. Finance and PH U.S. Controller.
- Prepare and analyze PH U.S. schedules in HFM and related Controller’s Deck pages for key balance sheet captions, including analyzing and documenting large fluctuations vs. prior year end.
- Responsible for quarterly accrual process with cost center owners.
Other Responsibilities (30%):
- Provide support to PH U.S. Finance and Field personnel regarding inquiries and analyses, in addition to general know how building related to margin and G&A.
- Establish repeating and allocating entries and making any required changes throughout the year. This includes obtaining an understanding of entries and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the PH U.S. annual Balance Sheet review process.
- Participate in domestic SOX compliance testing.
- B.S. in Accounting or B.S. in Finance if candidate has significant accounting experience.
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and JDE
- Public accounting firm or public company corporate accounting experience
- CPA or active CPA candidate
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world's largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we're looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC's still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin' good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300