Pizza Hut is looking for a Software Engineer -full stack with in-depth hands-on development experience to work on our current and new applications. The Software Engineers' main responsibility is to design, develop and support the front-end and back-end services of our current and new applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Someone who also possesses a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members.
The Software Engineers' main responsibility is to design, develop and support the front-end and back-end services of our current and new applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for code, a curiosity to solve problems in innovative ways, and compassion when working with multiple internal team members to accomplish a shared vision. Someone who also possesses a good level of communication to foster collaboration and partnership across a variety of team members. Pizza Hut is looking for a Software Engineer -full stack with in-depth hands-on development experience to work on our current and new applications.
Defining customer experience
* Work with Business Analyst and Business Teams and contribute towards customer experience in the tools
* Collaborate with team members during the creation of screens and wireframes.
* Contribute towards identifying how to improve the customer's experience in a phased approach
* Use data and prototypes to test concepts and theories
Choose the best technical solution
* Work closely with the managers and architects to analyze possible technical solutions for business needs.
* Using Agile principles; create features and stories to guide the development and implementation of the chosen solution
* When required develop code (Proof Of Concept) to test concepts and theories
* Onboard on the existing framework and contribute to adding new modules to the main application.
* Work with CloudOps team to set up the CI/CD pipelines and produce the required documentation to deploy the respective microservices in PH's AWS cloud infrastructure.
* Evaluate the existing framework and come up with recommendations.
* Design and Create application database in MongoDB
* Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
Ensure project execution is smooth and on time
* Raise potential scope/technical issues to the team
* Estimate work and be accountable for delivering on tasks and communicate that in a timely fashion.
* Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release phases
Ensure the project's success when launched
* Coordinate with Operations and Communications teams to ensure proper use and support of the solution
* Work with Technology Support teams to monitor and ensure the robustness of the solution
Create a solution that the support team can support
* Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
* Do the required knowledge transfer to the support team.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, relevant experience
* Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment
* Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards, and best practices
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Agile development methodology
* Self-Organize and must be able to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
* Experience in designing and developing scalable, highly available, and maintainable internet applications.
* Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong sense of ownership
* Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java, Spring, and Spring Boot framework
* Additional experience with React, Angular 2+, Typescript is preferred
* Good working knowledge of microservices, web services, RESTful interfaces
* Good Knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, Servlet, JDBC, JPA)
* Good knowledge of cloud computing platforms- Amazon Web Services (Certification preferred)
* Experience with relational databases and noSQL databases, preferably with MongoDB.
* Experience with Tomcat Servers, Git, Maven, and Gradle.
* Experience with Agile tools and technologies.
* Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and using DevOps tools.
* Experience with Shell scripting is preferred.
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired QuikOrder, a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation."
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.