Full Stack Go Software Engineer
Full Stack Go Software Engineer
In December 2018, Pizza Hut acquired QuikOrder, a leading online ordering software and service provider for the restaurant industry, in order to improve Pizza Hut's ability to deliver an easy and personalized online ordering experience and accelerate digital innovation across 6,000+ restaurants in the U.S.
Combined with Pizza Hut's already existing powerhouse technology team, Pizza Hut Connect officially launched in August, 2019. This new entity is now home to all Pizza Hut U.S. technology talent and capability, spanning eCommerce, Restaurant Technology, Delivery Technology, Data & Analytics Technology. The formation of Pizza Hut Connect underscores the important role technology will continue to play in Pizza Hut's future growth, as well as our intentional focus on investing in technology talent and capabilities.
The vision of Pizza Hut Connect is "to deliver the easiest experiences for customers, team members, and franchisees through rapid technology innovation."
At Pizza Hut Connect we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the challenges that come with our evolving technical stack. If you are ready to work with new technologies and architecture in a forward-thinking organization, let's meet. You will share end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack, with a stronger emphasis on backend development. Our ideal candidate has a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and backend languages – with experience producing scalable software solutions. You will be part of a cross-functional agile scrum team who participates in the design decisions and implementation for Go, GraphQL, and PHP based services that use React and Angular frontends.
* Participate in full scrum life cycle with the team
* Collaboratively design and build customer facing software products
* Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and new products
* Interact with product owners and business analysts to understand requirements refine technical user stories
* Participate in software design meetings and analyze the client needs for determining technical requirements
* Build effective, clean, well-tested and scalable solutions across the platform
* Troubleshoot application and system issues
* Stay current on emerging technologies
* Clearly articulate technical concepts
* Manage code reviews
* Reduce and minimize technical debt
* Write and maintain technical documentation
* Understand project dependencies
* Ensure smooth integrations between cross-functional teams
Requirements & Qualifications:
* A desire to collaborate, coach, and teach while solving difficult business problems and building a world class engineering organization
* 4-5 years of professional software development
* Depth of experience with some of our current technologies (or similar): Go, Protobuf, gRPC, PHP, GraphQL, Redis, Datastore, MySQL, React, Angular, Node, Pub/Sub
* Comfortable working in an Agile environment at a fast pace with changing priorities
* Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process
* Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, containers, cloud providers
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
* Computer science fundamentals with the ability to analyze and solve problems, make difficult decisions, and own problems from beginning to end
* Have relevant Computer Science/IT related qualifications
A few of our perks:
* 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
* 5 sick days
* 2 paid volunteer days
* 401k matching
* Medical, dental, vision
* Life insurance
* Half day Fridays
* Generous parental leave
* A world-famous recognition culture
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.