Sr. Analyst, Sustainability
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
About the Job:
The Sr. Analyst, Sustainability will bring valuable program management skills, insights, and recommendations to support existing strategies, policies, standards, goals, metrics, reporting, communications, and support systems to the Global Nutrition & Sustainability team across the value chain, including supply chain, animal welfare, packaging, waste reduction and diversion, green buildings and stakeholder engagement, to help improve performance and brand reputation. This person will interface with the Food Innovation Team, Yum!, Consumer Insights, Operations, PR, Marketing and outside vendors. There is regular interaction with Managers and Directors.
- Coordinate sustainability initiatives across key cross-functional teams domestically and internationally (Food, People, Planet)
- Support initiatives related to sustainable supply chain (including programs like packaging/waste, animal welfare, antimicrobial stewardship, green buildings) and Yum! climate goals.
- Support with annual sustainability report
- Participate in collaborative initiatives and related conferences/working groups (e.g. US Roundtable for Sustainable Beef, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, etc.)
- Support team on communications and stakeholder engagement for related issues
- Evaluate and summarize relevant third party studies/media communications that may impact company initiatives, products and/or ingredients
- Utilize expertise insynthesizing informationand identifying trends and opportunities
- Provide technical assistance in resolution of customer complaints and media inquiries
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the food industry/manufacturing, retail or related company with experience in supporting sustainability programs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, and/or or related discipline highly preferred
- Must have strong experience and technical knowledge of at least several key areas including agriculture, food waste, animal welfare, packaging, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), technical aptitude, ability to explain complex scientific concepts to non-experts succinctly, adapable
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work and collaborate cross functionally, self-motivated team player, flexible
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.