QA Lab Coordinator
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
About the Job:
The Laboratory Coordinator is a critical support function to Taco Bell’s supply chain QA team, who works both independently as well as alongside the product managers for each of the ingredient categories. The coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of the QA laboratory, organizing and conducting product reviews from ordering, preparing, and analyzing ingredients, to generating and maintaining report records. In addition to QA, this person interfaces with the broader Food Innovation team and ingredient suppliers as needed to help achieve QA team objectives.
- Maintain QA lab and manage/execute day to day lab operations including: scheduling and maintaining the QA Lab Calendar, ordering supplies/ingredients, sample management, maintaining lab equipment, coordination with outside laboratory and equipment service providers, accurate testing & reporting, organized record keeping, shipping, and receiving, following and maintaining procedures, and keeping the lab clean and organized.
- Conduct and support product ingredient cuttings for routine compliance, increased monitoring, and supplier/line approvalswith well-organized and timely reporting to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Support Product Managers, and broader FIT team as needed to meet business need, with ingredient prep, hold & yield / portioning studies, product showings, Quality Systems/database data entry.
- Independently lead continuous improvement and other projects for supplier, laboratory and processes, as directed.
- SOP development and maintenance for product manager team
- Support Product Managers with special projects, Supplier Summit organization, and supplier management as needed.
- Foreign Object complaint processing and recordkeeping.
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- S. Food Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, or Microbiology (Food Science Preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in restaurant, lab, or food manufacturing plant
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Technical/Analytical skills for product testing, evaluations and Quality database systems.
- Solid writing and record keeping skills for clear and accurate reporting.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact and communicate with other functions and vendors.
- Independent worker/self-starter
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.