Sr. Manager, Strategy
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a Commercial Strategy Manager of Digital & Technology. This role will be a part of the Global Strategy Team (which sits within Global Finance) and work cross-functionally with the Technology, Operations, and Digital/Customer Experience teams to shape major strategic and financial investments. The Global Strategy Team is a lean team, and while this role will focus primarily on Digital & Technology, strategy team members must be agile and flexible to changing business needs and priorities. It is expected that this person will both assist other team members as needs arise and also independently identify and tackle opportunities to improve the business and deliver outsized business impact. You will be a critical part of transforming Taco Bell into a $20B, digitally enabled Brand.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive strategic decision-making with the financial rigor needed to support digital & technology investments in our restaurants. This person will have a strong understanding of digital & technology performance drivers and build analytics to steer the business. This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical and problem solving skills, a great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into actionable recommendations.
Key responsibilities for this role will include, among others:
- Provide strategic thought partnership and financial analysis to support restaurant-level digital & technology investments
- Team with leaders and their teams across the organization to develop business cases, cross-functional perspective and execution plans for strategic growth drivers such as:
- Customer Experience – Delivery, eCommerce, Loyalty, Kiosks, Digital Menu Boards
- Restaurant Simplification & Capacity – Inventory Management, Automation, Mobile Pick up Lanes, In-Restaurant Technology
- Design and construct tests with measurable KPIs and financial metrics
- Perform financial modeling to support prioritization of digital and technology projects and assess different courses of action
- Evaluate financial performance of digital & technology initiatives
- Leverage industry best practices, functional insights, and data to prioritize and drive decision-making and investments
- Distill findings into succinct executive-level summaries and recommendations with a savvy approach to engaging leadership and franchise partners for improved and aligned decisions
- Manage 3-year investment pipeline and strategic roadmap for digital and technology
- Develop and implement streamlined processes to evaluate investments and ensure a transparent and data-led approach to decision-making
Is This You?
- MBA required (or comparable experience); Analytical degree preferred (e.g. Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering)
- 7-10 years relevant work experience in highly analytical environments (e.g. Corporate Finance, Management Consulting, Business Development, Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking)
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Creative problem-solving skills and comfort challenging the status quo and thinking beyond one’s immediate position or responsibilities
- General knowledge of both restaurants and digital/technology performance measures
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a large impact on our organization
- Comfortable with change; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Strong communications and relationship-building skills at all levels of organizations, including both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to alternate between high-level strategy and detailed execution, including:
- Simplifying complex data and concepts for executive decision-making
- Fielding difficult and detailed questions around execution
- Bringing along disparate stakeholder groups from executives and franchisee leaders to engineers and restaurant operators
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.