Full Stack Software Engineer- Pizza Hut Digital Ventures
Pizza Hut/Yum!is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Pizza Hut/Yum!requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
WHY PIZZA HUT DIGITAL VENTURES?
We love pizza. We eat it a lot. And we’re proud of it. We offer flexibility to work where and how you want and we’ve got great people here as a result! With the backing & finance of the Yum! family; the world’s largest restaurant company (nearly 43,000 restaurants in over 140 countries including brands like KFC & Taco Bell) we are revolutionizing the way Franchise businesses manage their digital business.
We want to make it easy to get the best pizza and digital is at the core of this drive. PHDV is committed to building innovative digital solutions and providing our customers with an exceptional experience. From building a world-class platform to developing clean mobile experiences - we are pushing the boundaries to ensure we are a source of innovation. Adopting the best technology, and a customer first approach in design, we are building something truly transformational for the entire delivery sector. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on our journey. Did we mention there's free pizza?
We’re looking for passionate Software Engineers with a proven track record of delivering challenging software projects who would thrive in a forward thinking, progressive, digital company.
We create both rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications typically within 2 to 3 months, by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. You will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide us with the solutions that we need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work as part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional development team following continuous delivery practices and building highly performant code
- Develop prototypes quickly but deliver production code that can scale.
- Be involved in a full spectrum of development, including new features and new applications but also tools to support experimentation, localization and customization.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritize and hone features. Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
IS THIS YOU?
Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- Knowledge and expertise with React.js and Node.js
- Experience with cloud deployment tools and AWS or Google Cloud, Azure
- Development experience in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them properly: C#, Java, Scala, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Erlang, Go, Python, F#, etc
- Experience with relational and noSQL (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.) data stores
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Cordova, Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300