Senior Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
As a member of the Pizza Hut Engineering team, you help drive innovation, relevance, and change for our brand and team members in the restaurants. Engineering is a vital component of our Operations team that works cross functionally with Marketing, Food Innovation, Supply Chain, and other departments to drive sound business-minded solutions that work.
We are in search of an experienced engineer who thinks of themselves as versatile, creative, and results-oriented to help drive packaging, process, and equipment for the brand. This role has a primary focus on Pizza Hut consumer facing packaging with opportunities to grow. It has cross functional visibility throughout the organization and will work within the confines of those teams to bring recommendations and alignment. The right person for this role can use their technical background and problem-solving skills to communicate concisely and effectively to other stakeholders. This person will also work with outside vendors and suppliers on business and technical needs to generate solutions that can be implemented in restaurants.
Pizza Hut has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Pizza Hut requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stake holders on all packaging related needs for the Pizza Hut US brand
- Work with the supply chain team to ensure supply and identify key risks and mitigation strategies
- Test, evaluate, and commercialize new packaging solutions aligned with Yum! sustainability goals, new product launches, and Pizza Hut brand objectives
- Directly manage supplier relationships and projects in partnership with supply chain team
- Evaluate new equipment / processes for back of house (BOH) implementation to impact 5,500+ restaurants.
- BS Engineering or related field or experience working as an engineer with demonstrable results and technical achievements
- 5+ years developing, testing, and launching a variety of products / process (packaging, equipment, products, etc.). Restaurant / food service experience is a plus.
- Track record of identifying solutions to business and technical problems and bringing sound, executable solutions and recommendations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to concisely communicate technical needs / solutions to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of supply chain, challenges, and inputs to decision making
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stake holders to deliver superior packaging, process, and equipment solutions
- Familiar with standard testing procedures as well as adapting them to specific use cases and needs
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage risks, as appropriate, and communicate with leadership
- Proficient in MS Office products (MS Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.