Remote Principal Software Engineer
What we need:
The Point of Sales team is seeking a senior level developer who has a proven track record of leading design, architecture, and best practices for high performing software teams. The POS domain brings with it some very unique and exciting problems to solve: peer-to-peer replication, interacting with external in-store hardware, generalizing a solution for multiple brand needs, and performance tuning with the consideration that our app runs potentially all day long.
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Be building an Android-based point-of-sale and operations platform that will be a critical tool in tens of thousands of restaurants around the world
- Help drive process and practice to keep pace with required scaling
- Solve problems with new and emerging technologies including distributed databases, real-time syncing, message queues, and distributed transactions
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of the Android SDK and good working knowledge of all new Android and Kotlin concepts
- A proven history of writing robust software. This includes having a solid grasp of and respect for proper architectures and testing strategies
- Experience architecting and building libraries, SDK, and tools for internal and external consumption
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize work for other developers
- Experience leading technical initiatives and driving complex features
- Willingness and ability to own/manage specific aspects of the development process including implementation, testing, or deployment (CI/CD)
- Startup experience
- Strong background in reactive UI patterns (RxJava/Flow)
- Experience building payment systems
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks and building distributed systems
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases, knowledge of their tradeoffs
- Experience integrating with hardware peripherals including printers and payment terminals
- Experience customizing the Android OS and deploying it on X86 hardware
- Social proof of your passion for software development (blog, personal apps or websites, meetup presentations, community involvement)
A few of our perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300