Technical Product Owner II
The Point-of-Sales (POS) team is an energetic group whose sole purpose is to build the best in-store experience possible. As we rapidly grow, we seek an Associate Product Owner who can support the overall POS Product Manager providing product process leadership to the technical team. In this role, you will help to define and execute a technical process plan that will enable engineers to track, iterate, and deliver a quality software product to end-users.
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required.
· Work collaboratively with engineers and testers on your agile delivery team
· Partner with the POS Product Manager and Brand Implementation Manager to define and prioritize brand-specific roadmaps
· Elicit requirements, synthesize and document them into stories for the product backlog
· Break requirements into iterative sprint-sized stories that optimize speed-to-value
· Manage and refine the product backlog, assemble sprints, and perform release planning
· Articulate business and customer value to the development team and use it to guide prioritization
· Participate in the release process as the product expert to surface any issues prior to release
· Ensure that roadmaps and the product backlog are visible, transparent, and clear to brand partners
• Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Agile product owner and scrum master experience
• Experience engaging in product discovery, planning, and driving technical product value
• Working knowledge of mobile delivery pipelines and Continuous Integration
• Excellent time and task management skills
• The ability to run meetings and drive agenda
• Prior software development/coding experience preferred
• A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
A few of our perks:
• 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
• 5 sick days
• 2 paid volunteer days
• 401k matching
• Medical, dental, vision
• Life insurance
• Half-day Fridays
• Generous parental leave
• A world-famous recognition culture
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300