Remote Senior Android Engineer
What we need:
The Point of Sales team is seeking a senior level developer who will work alongside a very experienced UX & engineering team to build high-quality digital experiences on our POS across all brands. Our POS team serves multiple brands and aspires to deliver unique experiences across these brands while using shared & adaptable UI guidelines, components & tools to achieve this goal. Our ideal candidate would be at the bleeding edge of modern Android development practices such as Jetpack, Android tooling, Kotlin etc and has a passion for building delightful, consistent & seamless experiences that users enjoy working with.
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Build an Android-based point-of-sale and operations platform that will be a critical tool in tens of thousands of restaurants around the world
- Build adaptable & reusable UI frameworks needed to support multiples brands, and help with building testable UI components that are easy to scale
- Work with our experienced design team to solve current UI engineering challenges as well as champion new ideas towards a better & improved design system
- Work with the Core infrastructure team to handle integrations between core services & the UI layer on our POS
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent Android UI skills, including but not limited to ConstraintLayout, MotionLayout, Material Design Components, Theming, Jetpack Compose etc
- Strong experience with high-level software architectures (MVP, MVVM et al) as well as hands on experience with Android Architecture Components & testing strategies
- Strong knowledge of Dependency Injection concepts as well as Android testing frameworks
- Strong experience with core Kotlin concepts especially Coroutines, DSLs, extensions etc
- Strong background in reactive UI patterns eg RxJava, Kotlin Flow, Livedata, data-binding
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize work for other developers
- Experience leading technical initiatives and driving complex features
- Startup experience
- Experience with building shared / reusable UI components
- Staying on the bleeding edge of modern Android development
- Willingness to explore & present new technical concepts to the team
- Social proof of your passion for software development (blog, personal apps or websites, meetup presentations, community involvement)
A few of our perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Yum! has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Yum!requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300