Software Engineer in Test - Restaurant Management Technology
LOCATIONS: Irvine, Plano
Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company - encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Habit Burger Grill - but we’re cooking up more than just tasty food behind the scenes. Our 1.5 million team members in 150 countries rely on technology to serve 40 million customers per day. Yum.dev, our bold team of hackers, creates software our restaurant team members use to ensure customers get what they ordered quickly and accurately. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why Yum.dev is on a mission to find the most fearless tech talent to join our software startup within Yum!. At our scale, we are among the world’s largest food-tech dev teams.
What we need:
Our dynamic Yum.dev team is rapidly growing to build the next generation of restaurant technology. Our restaurant managers use our applications to manage employee schedules, inventory, and the financials of their business. We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test who will be responsible for creating and implementing an automated test framework for our web-based Restaurant Management Platform. In this role, you will work as part of a scrum delivery team to ensure that automated tests are in place to ensure functionality works as expected from the moment it is released.
- Develop automated regression tests for new & existing functionality
- Work day-to-day embedded in a scrum delivery team, but be part of the QA practice for the broader Yum.dev team.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities for your scrum team
- Contribute to internally built test frameworks
- Identify, record, and document defects identified within our products
- A bachelor’s in CS, CIS, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge in CS fundamentals and coding, familiar with general data structure, algorithm and pattern designs.
- Experience with software development and/or QA automation
- Experience developing/testing Restful APIs
- Experience with .Net is a plus
- Experience in building api tests using the Mocha test framework is a plus
- Experience in building UI tests using the Playwright framework is a plus
- Good exposure to writing functional, integration, component, contract, and end-to-end tests.
- Requirements analysis skills and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience and comfort with agile development process
- Self-disciplined Get Stuff Done approach to work
- Passion for doing things right the first time
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
A Few Of Our Perks
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300