Remote Android UI Engineer
Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 50,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
The Point of Sales Team:
The POS team at Yum.dev functions like a mini-startup except without the late caffeine binging nights and stress about funding! Our dynamic team is made up of engineers with all sorts of backgrounds. We even have a guy who writes Haskell and I mean, who does that!? The POS runs on Android tablets and it’s on us to make them look perfect for KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, or the Habit Burger. You’ll work closely with design and senior engineers to figure out how to provide the best experience possible for our end users.
- Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law. Proof of vaccination required
- Be building an Android-based point-of-sale and operations platform that will be a critical tool in tens of thousands of restaurants around the world
- Have the opportunity to work on challenging problems in an environment where you can have a very large impact on the end product
- Solve problems with the latest and greatest Android and Kotlin APIs
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of the Android SDK and Kotlin
- Passing knowledge of recent Android practices – AndroidX, MVVM
- An eagerness to expand your knowledge beyond Retrofit and RoomDB
- Willingness and ability to own/manage specific aspects of the development process including implementation, testing, or deployment (CI/CD)
- Startup experience
- Comfort with reactive UI patterns (RxJava/Flow)
- Interest or experience in technologies outside of Android
- Social proof of your passion for software development (blog, personal apps or websites, meetup presentations, community involvement)
A few of our perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.
Yum! Brands RSC, 1441 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40213, 502.874.8300