Franchise Development Lead
LOCATIONS: Remote, United States
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves customizable tacos,burritosand quesadillas, among othercraveablechoices like theCrunchwrapSupreme®and Nacho Fries. Taco Bell offersa wide variety ofplant-based menu itemsand was the first QSR brand to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants, as well as through its mobileanddesktoptouchpointsandviadelivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.Much of Taco Bell’s everlasting appeal with its fans and legendary connection in lifestyle culture are rooted incutting-edge, buzzy marketing campaigns. From helicoptering 10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos to residents of remote Bethel, Alaska, to selling out “The Bell Hotel”—aTaco Bell-themed resort hotel—in less than two minutes, the brand continues to pushindustryboundaries.
Taco Bell is equally focused on creating a positive impact on the world in fresh ways through Food, People and Planet initiatives. One example is through supporting theTaco Bell Foundation, which encouragesrestaurant team membersand fansto pursuetheireducationalpassions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship.According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years and has been named “Most Innovative Company” byFast CompanyandtoppedEntrepreneur’s“Franchise 500”listfor two years in a row.
About the Job:
As part of the North American Development Team, this individual will lead franchise development through new store growth in the Mid-Atlantic US by way of partnering with Franchisees. Partnership and assistance to Franchisees includes market planning, site sourcing, site selection, design, building permitting and construction guidance. Utilize internal and external partners, including brokers, developers, brand planning, brand design, real estate and operations, to maximize growth opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic US Market.
- Develop strong relationship with franchisees in order to help them achieve their strategic growth plan.
- Partner to achieve the US national new store Franchise Development Plan and build a pipeline for future franchise development growth.
- Shepard projects through the Taco Bell Development Approval process.
- Complete and execute plans and strategies for priority markets in designated region.
- Identify and action against trade areas best suited to urban development.
- Identify opportunities in rural markets to develop small freestanding assets or viable end-caps with drive-thru or inline assets.
- Identify areas where new franchisees are needed and partner with the Franchise Recruiting team to recruit.
- Develop, fill, and maintain the pipeline of new restaurants; Forecast the timeline of new restaurant openings and assess risks.
- Act as owner for designated markets and help lead the broader development team toward the development goals established in those trade areas.
- Engage with the brand strategy team to find solutions to development barriers such as impact, growth approval, viable vehicles, etc.
Is This You?
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- BS/BA degree in Finance/Accounting/Real Estate; MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Development related experience in the franchising / restaurant industry with proven ability to break through the existing development complexity a plus.
- Self-Starting Problem solver who seeks win/win solutions, demonstrates tenacity, and is not easily discouraged
- Capability to address problems proactively and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure while maintaining a calm, professional attitude, even in crisis situations
- Exceptional time management and self-starter skills.
- Ability to review and understand financial statements and other legal documents
- High proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point required
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.