Associate Manager, Quality Engineering
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Associate Manager, Quality Engineering is an integral part of the software test engineering team, working with various groups of Technology and Business in a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment. This person will be a key point-of-contact responsible to drive Quality Engineering across our next generation Point-of-Sales systems in restaurants. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Quality Engineering.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals comfortable in a dynamic environment with a solid track record and experience in Test Engineering who feel passionate about software Quality, elevating the end user experience and about implementing testing solutions that help make the Taco Bell experience best in and outside the industry.
This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical skills, great communication style and a partnership mentality. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively communicate issues and updates to senior management.
- Expertise in Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Test Cases Design, Test Data Setup and Defect Management.
- Collaborate closely with Product owners, Development and other integration teams from various groups to plan, design, align and execute application testing activities.
- Represent Quality Engineering in solutioning, design and requirement gathering discussions. Must have technical know-how to contribute effectively to such forums.
- Lead a team of Test Engineers and Perform Functional, Integration, Regression and Automation testing.
- Participate in Scrum meetings and work with other QA team members to distribute tests, track and report the QA status along with any foreseeable risks to release timelines.
- Closely work with test automation team to define/develop and maintain test cases for automation. Oversee automation solution and guide onsite and offshore team on new features for automation.
- Document, analyze and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects, and work with development team and business to troubleshoot issues.
Is This You?
- 7-8 years of Relevant Experience in field of Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Well versed on Service testing/API and Database validations including NoSQL DBs.
- Android APK and Unix environment knowledge is a plus.
- AWS services knowledge including but not limited to Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, Step Functions.
- Experience working on any POS platform is highly preferred.
- Very well versed on test automation using Selenium and Appium with core competency on Java.
- Experience with message broker services such as RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Experience testing with Relational DB like Redshift, AWS is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology and JIRA is a plus.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.