Field Maintenance Technician
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Day 1 (no waiting period!) Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401k with 6% match, tuition reimbursement! Excellent pay and bonus!
Troubleshoot repair and maintain kitchen equipment and conduct minor building repairs at designated restaurants to keep assigned restaurants in a safe, functional and marketable condition; and to ensure compliance with state and federal accessibility standards.
- Repair and maintain assigned number of restaurants
- Completeor manageall repairs and maintenance work to standard
- Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Perform periodic maintenance assessments
- Perform periodic audits for disabled customer accessibility and take corrective action when needed.
- Execute effective administrative processes to schedule and track repairs, maintain van parts inventory and a central warehouse of tools and supplies.
- Process work orders submitted by restaurant teams. Prioritize and schedule restaurant visits in partnership with district managers.
- Track and process parts purchases and appropriate billing to accounts payable.
- Track and record completed repairs and maintain accurate records within facility tracking system.
Grow technical skills and competencies to expand ability to maintain additional assets in the restaurant.
- High school diploma or GED required. Formal trade related training/education and or certification(s) a plus. Restaurant equipment certifications and some HVAC/mechanical, refrigeration experience is preferred but not required.
Experience (and other qualifications):
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience working in a multi-unit facility maintenance or equipment repair capacity.
- Wide experience performing a variety ofrestaurant equipment, electrical, plumbing and building repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving orientation. Seeks to solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Curiosity and aptitude for learning how things work and desire to grow and broaden skills and competencies.
- Basic computer skills,including experience with Outlook and Excel, and working knowledge of inventory control practices.
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record and able to pass a criminal background check
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.