Senior UI/UX Designer
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is excited to offer a highly qualified candidate with a tremendous opportunity to help shape our consumer digital experiences and drive innovation. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sr. UI/UX designer with a strong understanding of building brand and online shopping across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet and mobile).
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure all qualified candidates are a good fit to the amazing Live Mas! culture that is Taco Bell! At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you are that diamond in the rough, we would love to meet with you.
- Partner with department leads to identify customer and business optimization opportunities, translating high level concepts into customer-centric experiences that reduce ordering friction, build brand affinity and grow digital sales
- Closely collaborate with key internal and inter-agency stakeholders throughout the design and development process (creative agencies, internal design and development, product managers, marketing, etc.)
- Conceptualize and craft artifacts to effectively communicate UX solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, interaction animations)
- Develop interactive prototypes to communicate interface functionality across teams
- Visualize and design user interface look and feel (overall visual design, screens layouts, transitions, interaction animations)
- Routinely seek diverse thought partnership and engage in ideations to gather feedback and inform rapid iteration throughout design process
- Lead the creation of detailed design documentation to clearly communicate optimal experience functionality to development partners
- Provide design support to developers & QA to ensure proper feature implementation
- Establish and maintain design pattern libraries and style guides in parallel to projects to drive continuity for internal team and consistent branded digital experiences for customers
Is This You?
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital visual design and/or user experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions for both UX and UI across mobile & desktop devices (in-restaurant kiosks and/or tablets is a bonus)
- Proven design range across UX, visual design (with some interaction animation/motion graphics)
- Expert visual design skills with excellent understanding of layout design, typography, color theory, composition, and iconography
- Ability to rapidly create highly polished, pixel perfect visual design mockups
- Proficiency in a variety of digital design applications including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Principle, Zeplin etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of iOS, Android & web specific design patterns and best practices with proven experience designing and shipping mobile products
- Excellent problem solving and analytics skills with a proven ability to understand and apply customer data to design solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively scope and estimate design tasks, manage multiple projects in parallel and exceed quality standards in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in both independent and collaborative work environments, demonstrating strong communication, presentation and overall interpersonal abilities
- Operates with a positive attitude and growth mindset, unafraid to challenge the status quo or receive constructive coaching and feedback
- Restless curiosity to build and share know-how with peer set, demonstrating desire for growth within department and organization
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.