Head of Social
Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through itsmobile,desktopand deliveryordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music viaitsFeed The Beat®music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization,theTaco Bell® Foundation™,and connects fans with their passions through programs such as theLive Mas Scholarshipprogram. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the development of the Brand’s social vision and to create a world class approach to how Taco Bell drives conversation on the internet. As the Social Media director, this role is responsible for building Taco Bell’s social strategy to fuel our fan’s insatiable passion for this truly iconic brand while ensuring Taco Bell remains at the forefront of culture and continues its business growth. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Brand Experience, leads a team of 5 and will directly manage multiple creative agency scopes. This role will focus primarily on the following:
- Devise an innovative, unique approach to leveraging Social Media to build top of mind awareness and ultimately drive business results.
- Partner with Brand Experience and PR team to build big, integrated ideas that generate buzzy cultural moments.
- Partner with media and insights team to build a dashboard of ongoing objectives, goals and KPIs for social media activity.
- Launch long term influencer strategy and activations and Community Management approach to engage customers and delight fans in unexpected ways
- Define ongoing diversity and inclusion opportunities and implement creative commitments for the brand.
- Build reporting and processes to integrate analytical tools and KPI dashboard in channel management.
- Drive existing agency scope(s) and serve as main AOR point of contact.
- Explore incremental agency and internal resource opportunities to enable a deeper expertise.
- Ensure continued internal capability agility and development
- Manage partner/platform relationships and partner with paid media to ensure best practices are being achieved and new opportunities are capitalized on.
- Maintain partnership with Customer Care to enable seamless Social Community Management programs
Marketing Calendar Execution Oversight
- Oversee day to day management of marketing calendar activations across all social channels, both owned and paid.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure holistic integration where necessary.
- Integrate 1st and 3rd party data strategies into ongoing campaign work
Coaching and mentorship
- Provide leadership, coaching and inspiration for Social Team
- Establish formal internship program
This role demands fluency in the social landscape in order to effectively influence, manage and inspire both the internal social team as well as external award-winning agency partners. With an unparalleled pace and volume of creative development, this role requires great mental flexibility, ability to juggle under intense deadlines and a capacity to lead teams under pressure.
Is This You?
- Minimum 10 years experience working in social media management, experience working in or with advertising agencies a plus
- Expert knowledge of all social platforms and current trends
- Comfortable and passionate developing ideas related to equity, inclusion and belonging
- Substantial experience in influencer led initiatives
- Minimum 5 years of leadership/coaching experience and comfortable managing levels of varying experience
- Fluent in providing clear and productive creative direction
- Excels in writing/guiding inspiring creative briefs rooted in tangible business goals and human insights
- Proven ability to optimize programs to deliver goals
- Highly collaborative and thrives under pressure
- Ability to influence, advocate for big ideas, and lead culturally by example
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution fromYum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Benefits at Yum!
Most of the employee programs and benefits are applicable in the U.S. Internationally, benefits are tailored by market and role. Check with your hiring team to see which ones apply to your job in your market.